Last document update: October 10, 2023
Table of contents
Advanced Automation General Availability
Advanced Automation enables MSPs to automate day-to-day operations and improve operational efficiency via its service desk, time tracking, billing, contract management, analytics, and reporting tools. Advanced Automation also natively integrates with Acronis and third-party services.
Once enabled, you will be charged for using Advanced Automation according to the number of users assigned each month. Acronis also offers a paid onboarding service to ensure you get up and running smoothly. This onboarding service includes:
Guided setup to the Advanced Automation basics.
1-on-1 consulting to help implement partners’ business processes.
Guided setup of Advanced Automation – configuration fine-tuning.
One hour of live online training for your entire team of users.
One hour of 1-on-1 KPI/Data review after two months of usage and data collection.
Reach out to your partner success manager for more information about the pricing.
Available under the Advanced Automation pack: Per user
Geo-redundant Acronis cloud storage
Protection of backups against regional disaster and primary storage loss.
- Easy to enable, with no configuration required at the customer level.
- Protects all workload data.
- Turnkey solution that requires no management, with a single point of support.
Optimized support ticket submission for faster resolution
Service providers can now initiate support ticket submission directly from the Cyber Protection console, which helps save time.
Diagnostic information will be automatically collected and added to the support ticket, reducing interactions with Acronis Support.
As a result, service providers will receive faster resolutions for reported problems.
Available for partners enabled with access to the Support Portal.
Security Analyst user role for EDR
- The Security Analyst role complements Acronis EDR by allowing partners to assign specific permissions and access rights to users with the necessary skills to operate Advanced Security + EDR.
- Partners can provide access to a larger number of users for managing EDR incidents, without worrying about granting unnecessary access to other areas of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
Advanced Security + EDR pack is required.
Direct backup to Azure cloud storage
Store backups on Microsoft Azure storage without the need to manage additional gateway machines.
- Seamless initial setup via OAuth-based authentication on Azure, where all Azure-specific properties, such as permissions, applications registrations, users and roles are configured automatically.
- Supported Azure Storage Account types: Storage v2 + Premium Block Blobs.
- Supported Azure Access tiers: Hot + Cool
Advanced Backup pack per workload backing up or replicating backups to Azure.
Patch management: automatic patch approval
Zero-Day Patching: immediate and fully automated patch deployment, eliminating the need for time-consuming manual testing and approval.
- Time-saving, with no need for manual patch testing and approval as the process is automated.
- Increased efficiency for partners who can allocate their resources more effectively, focusing on other critical tasks.
- Streamlined workflows help accelerate the deployment of important updates.
- Improved reliability for partners ensures that critical patches are not delayed due to the manual approval process.
Advanced Management pack required.
Patch management: patch maintenance window
- A more controlled patch deployment means IT administrators can increase their control over when a patch installation occurs, ensuring they are aligned with business needs, user impact and system availability.
- Reduced service interruptions minimizes the impact on users and systems during critical business hours by restricting patch activities to a predefined timeframe.
- Enhanced maintenance planning means you can plan and schedule other maintenance tasks, update activities more efficiently, and avoid conflicts while optimizing resource utilization.
Advanced Management pack required.
HIPAA compliance for Advanced Disaster Recovery
US-based partners can now sell Acronis Advanced Disaster Recovery to healthcare organizations that deal with protected health information (PHI).
Advanced Disaster Recovery pack required.
Automated Failback to physical servers
- Minimal disruption to customers’ operations as downtime is reduced from hours or days to minutes.
- Shortened time of data transfer from Acronis Cloud back to a local site as only delta changes are transferred.
- Simplified management of the Failback process with an integrated console and guiding tips.
Advanced Disaster Recovery pack required.
Microsoft 365 collaboration apps security
Scan every uploaded and modified file on M365 OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams for content-borne cybersecurity attacks, including:
- Known malwares
- Zero-day malwares
- Malicious URLs in files
- Embedded threats in archives
Advanced Email Security pack required.
Extended Antivirus and Antimalware support for Linux distributions
Customers with the Linux distributions listed below can now enjoy protection with the Acronis Antivirus and Antimalware solution:
- Red Hat 9.x
- Ubuntu 22.04, 22.10
- Debian 11.x
- openSUSE Leap 15.x
Advanced Security pack required.
Agent for Synology: DSM 7.x support
Native data protection is now available for data stored on Synology NAS devices running Synology Disk Station Manager (DSM) version 7.x, in addition to the already supported Synology DSM 6.x.
Built-in content detector: Singapore PII
Compatibility of Advanced DLP for Singapore end-customer workloads by introducing Singapore PIIs to the list of built-in content detectors.
- PIIs native to Singapore will be detected by the Advanced DLP engine.
- Detects Singapore local names, addresses, ID/passport/driving license numbers, phone numbers, bank account numbers.
- Leverages the current content detection logical expressions.
- For more details, see the Documentation.
Advanced DLP pack is required.
Customizable sensitive data classification rules by MSPs
Reduce risk of data leakage from end-customer workloads by customizing DLP policy with rules that prevent unauthorized transfers of specific sensitive file types. New DLP policy rules can be created based on self-customized classifiers using the following content group types: Keywords, Patterns, Complex.
- Keywords – Detection with keywords or phrases, with options like case sensitivity, exact word/phrase match, number of keywords.
- Patterns – Detection with Perl-based regular expressions, with options of condition or exact match, count of matches.
- Complex – Detection with a combination of different content groups, combined with logical operators.
- Export/import groups of created custom content groups to other customers.
Files Cloud groups for sharing folders
Share groups provide a shortcut for sharing files repeatedly with a specific group of individuals in this release it is now extended to share folders.
- When you share a folder as a tenant user, you have control over who gets access whether tenant or guest user, what type of access they get, and if and when that access and permissions need to be changed.
- Sharing folder content allows for secure, controlled collaboration with a single source of documents and files.
- When you share a folder, each person you specify to share your content is emailed an invitation and they can accept and revoke access at any time as a folder owner you will be notified of any changes.
Files Sync & Share
IBM QRadar integration
IBM QRadar suite offers integrated products for endpoint security (EDR, XDR, MDR), log management, SIEM and SOAR - all with a common user interface.
The integration with IBM QRadar enables MSPs to track Acronis alerts into their SIEM solution, in addition to alerts and incidents coming from other vendors. This streamlines incident response and ensures better SLAs for the MSP.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud – available to all.
Cyber Protection agent
The Acronis Cyber Protection agent has new versions as follows.
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v.36432)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v.36432)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v.36432)
See the release notes for the Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes the more significant fixes in this release. The full list of fixed issues is available upon request.
For information about security issues fixed in this release, please refer to https://security-advisory.acronis.com/updates/UPD-2309-3820-3c2b.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
- [ABR-368330] The update of Cyber Protection agent fails with the error "Folder C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ is created by non-administrator".
- [ABR-369664 The message "The selected location does not contain backed-up data" appears when you try to browse backup files on cloud storage during recovery with bootable media.
- [ABR-365395 Some folders might not be visible when browsing a SharePoint backup archive to recover.
- [ABR-364886 The recovery of files or folders from an XFS image fails with error "The file is corrupted."
- [ABR-370195] Unable to delete a protection agent from the Cyber Protection console.
- [ABR-371370] Automatic updates of the Cyber Protection agent fail occasionally due to failing installation of the Digicert Root Certificate.
- [AMP-20034] Cyber Protect definitions are not properly updated and cause the Cyber Protection service to fail.
- [ABR-372504] Backup tasks run more often than scheduled in the protection plan.
- [AMP-4580] The Cyber Protection agent is missing after updating Windows 10 workloads to Windows 10 20H2.
- [ABR-370018] [ABR-367677] Recovery tasks of OneDrive are processing very slowly.
- Solution: See https://kb.acronis.com/content/72506.
- [ABR-365442] The backup validation completes successfully, but the validation status is incorrect or missing in backup sets with a large number of backups.
- [ABR-361097] It is possible to create backups with special characters in their names, but such backups are not accessible when saved on a network storage.
- Solution: Do not use special characters in backup names, even though the application allows you to.
For more information on known issues and workarounds, please visit our Knowledge Base.