Table of contents
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
Advanced Backup: Remote boot media control
This release adds remote bootable media control functionality to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. The capability supports the management of bootable media remotely upon the workload via the web interface when there is no screen to access the workload.
It enables Partner administrators to recover disk/volume remotely, execute remote actions such as the reboot and shutdown of the machine, and monitor the status of the boot media.
Advanced Management: Automatic authentication of remote connections using saved credentials. Inclusion of additional compatibility checks.
Partner administrators can use saved credentials in the credentials store and automatically authenticate when connecting to a workload via the web client. This increases productivity for users via the automatic authentication of web connections, enabling instant connection to remote workloads for troubleshooting without any additional steps.
It also allows them to browse and resolve compatibility issues in agent plans with a large amount of workloads.
Files Cloud: Share Groups for easier sharing of files
This capability simplifies the sharing of cloud files with multiple team members. It facilitates easier team collaboration via Files Cloud.
Some of the different scenarios supported:
- User creates a Share Group and adds team members.
- User manages the Share Group, changing the name and description or adding/removing members.
- When the user shares a file using an email link, a Share Group can be added to automatically share the file with all group members.
Integrations: NinjaOne v2.0 integration
This integration improves monitoring and ticket resolution based on Acronis alerts within NinjaOne.
The following scenarios are supported:
- The provision of all/or selected NinjaOne organizations as new Customer tenants in Acronis.
- Configuration of automatic Customer tenant provisioning, and de-provisioning, based on NinjaOne organizations.
- Monitoring of Acronis statuses using NinjaOne custom fields.
- Synchronization between Acronis alerts and NinjaOne ticketing.
Integrations: Support for range offering items in PSA integrations
This release introduces support for range offering items in PSA integrations. The flexible reporting periods supported, include: Current calendar month, Previous calendar month, Custom billing month (with a configurable start date).
The capability improves reporting to sync with an MSP's billing cycle.
Support for range offering items reporting is included in our integrations for the following third-party PSA solutions: ConnectWise Manage, Autotask PSA, Kaseya BMS, and HaloPSA.
Integrations: Support for Class 1 / Class 2 usage reporting in PSA integrations
This capability allows Partners to separate billing and usage reporting for free and paid storage, providing greater detail to their customers, with higher reporting flexibility. Partners can report free and paid storage usage separately. This is especially useful when provisioning Microsoft 365 seats.
Support for separate Class 1 and Class 2 usage reporting is now included in our integrations for Kaseya BMS and HaloPSA. It was already supported for ConnectWise Manage and Autotask PSA integrations.
Integrations: Support for partner tenant billing in Autotask PSA
Partner tenant billing enables the MSP to save time by automatically billing any partner tenants under their Acronis account. This capability provides aggregate usage for partner tenants under the MSP partner tenant.
Support for partner tenant billing is included in our integrations for the following third-party PSA solutions: ConnectWise Manage and Autotask PSA.
UX enhancements: "What's new" dialog link in Cyber Protection console
This capability informs partners about new functionality included in the latest Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud releases.
Cyber Protection console users are now shown a link via which they can access the "What's new" dialog. This dialog describes the new features in the latest release and users can access the page at any time.
Management Portal and Platform Core
Cyber Protection agent
The Acronis Cyber Protection agent has new versions as follows.
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v.15.0.32278)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v.15.0.32278)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v.15.0.32278)
See the release notes for the Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
For information about security issues fixed in this release, please refer to https://security-advisory.acronis.com/updates/UPD-2303-c4ac-bc99.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
Backup and recovery
- [ABR-361769] Web Restore interface does not display content of some recovery points.
- [ABR-362781] Editing an old protection plan with direct source selection results in "Cannot resolve some items in the backup plan" error.
- [ABR-361559] Microsoft OneDrive folder is not excluded from the "Entire Machine" backup.
- [ARC-474] Replication of a backup to cloud storage fails with error "Failed to open the backup because backup metadata is inconsistent".
- [ARC-514] Opening for recovery a bigger backup with 500+ recovery points takes an unexpectedly long time.
- [ABR-363420] Reduced performance in EU1 datacenter.
- [ABR-331429] Last backup creation date in Cyber Protection console doesn't match the one shown in mobile app.
- [ABR-362321] Discrepancy between Cloud Storage and Backup archive size after disabling Immutable storage.
- [PLTFRM-48698] A protection plan with destination to NAS cannot be updated or created - "Empty identity in credential object" error appears.
- [ABR-360816] A device lost its service quota and a protection plan cannot not be applied or updated.
- [ABR-364039] A device with Windows XP doesn't appear in Devices tab after agent installation.
- [ARC-508] Mismatch between the total size of the recovery points and the size of the backup archive.
- [ABR-362899] Incorrect display of an icon for "Run now" and "Export" buttons in Cyber Protection console.
Cyber Protection Agent
- [ADP-26233] TLSConnection uses synchronous SSL handshake that may hang indefinitely
- [ADP-25072] Agent update fails with error "Failed to launch installation or update support service. Failed to uninstall existing service. The specified service has been marked for deletion".
- [ABR-365770] Unable to browse encrypted backups or backup operations fail with the error "Credentials cannot be found".
- [ABR-365598] The migrate_credvault service fails randomly during agent upgrade.
- [ADP-27940] On managed Linux machines, local users cannot close the dialog for screenshot transmission and reboot/shutdown confirmation.
Dashboards and reports
- [PLTFRM-49398] "Active Issues" widget fails to load information.
- [ADP-27095] Is killing by OOM when trying to use more than 1.5Gb RAM
- [ADP-26980] Scheduled executive summary report sends empty widgets
Data loss prevention (DLP)
- [DEVLOCK-4556] [DC] Internal camera devices are not recognized as USB Cameras in Device types allowlist
- [DEVLOCK-5000] Clicking on cancel in the justification window does not immediately cancel the data sending
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-11722] "Stop sync" button is not translated on any language
- [KERNEL-13749] Test fails on Centos 6.10 and Cloud Linux 6.10 due to timeout when stopping active-protection service
- [ABR-362808] Linux registry update is not transactional
- [ABR-362282] Unstable, backup fails with "Operation failed due to a temporary issue in the cloud storage."
- [ABR-360754] The Cyber Protect installer shows a warning about "incompatible operating system" on macOS 13.1
Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and other applications protection
- [ABR-362983] Replication to cloud of a Microsoft SQL (or Microsoft Exchange) backup made to a network share fails with error "The password for the protected backup is incorrect".
- [ABR-361848] Application backup with encryption and staging to cloud fails with error: 'The password for the protected backup is incorrect'
- [ABR-362672] Backup refresh / deletion tasks are getting hanged on EU1, EU2 DCs
- [ABR-360020] Some SPO libs are getting skipped during backup w/o warning
- [ABR-363683] "Advanced Backup Required" warning is displayed in plan details in Backup plans tab / unable to edit the plan when no custom groups are protected
- [ABR-360552] Optimize changes processing in OneDrive backup (avoid reading items from archive)
- [DF-3609] File descriptor limits reached despite ulimit set to unlimited
- [DF-3498] Microsoft OneDrive/Teams recovery fails with error "The search is not available because this backup is not cataloged yet".
- [ARC-512] Backup of Microsoft SharePoint Online site fails with error "A backup agent error: '[Archive Server]: server instance mismatch".
- [ABR-362777] Protection with not existing Resource GroupID appears in DB and rises an error
- [ABR-362663] Do not acquire standard Microsoft seats for changed members of sites/teams/groups in Per Gigabyte mode
- [ABR-363219] Reduce the priority of the tenants that consumes lots of resources
- [ABR-362379] "Recover as PST files" button should be disabled when items from different backups are selected
- [ABR-363318] It is not possible to apply plan to a static or dynamic group despite of advanced Microsoft 365 seat quota is enabled
- [ABR-363714] Agent VM failing often due to high CPU
- [ABR-359408] OneDrive backup ignores archive errors from common/indexer
- [ABR-362206] Problem in parsing google response messages
- [ABR-361679] China M365 DC option is not available in the list during new organization registrations
- [ABR-356810] C2C:Gdrive: Shared folders and files are not backed up when share folder and files add before full backup
- [ABR-362870] Free acquired standard seats of site/team/group members in Per Gigabyte mode during discovery
- [ABR-362824] One of users received 'next start' time in the past
- [ABR-363590] us5-baas fix user record
- [AMP-15915] Unable to add Exclusions to Active protection feature in Backup plan
- [ABR-346572] Active protection and URL filtering keeps working even after a user was deleted.
Security and management
- [ADP-26428] Network issue with production traffic between scan-agents and storage
- [AMP-15361] CPS stopped abruptly during ODS
- [ADP-27018] Autodiscovery agent not available to a cyber admin user without machine
- [REM-1215] Wrong settings names from CyberDesktopBackend to CyberDesktopClient
- [ADP-26914] The patch not found and variable name show up in the activity title
- [ABR-363136] Validation task is hard stopped after 48h
- [ABR-361636] Not clear message when perform incremental Backup to corrupted archive
- [ABR-362937] vCD-BA continues to take a backup for the VM even if it already was migrated to another host
- [ABR-357747] "DONE" button is greyed out on schedule page if manually delete and enter some incorrect value and then select correct value from drop-down list
- [ABR-362864] FORTE_RESOLVE_SYMLINK_BROKEN error appears when recovery Azure VM to Scale
- [ABR-362597] ESX Appliance: "Not enough memory" during mass backup
Management Portal and Platform Core
- [PLTFRM-50212] Users with both ATI and ACP15 tenants can't log in to DC: "Bad Request"
- [PLTFRM-50230] Platform-branding allows to set ip as domain name
- [PLTFRM-49820] Certificates for deleted accounts not cleaned up
- [PLTFRM-49543] [Partner Profile] [Edit Company Information] Country is not getting updated/Saved
- [PLTFRM-48913] Agent for File Sync & Share requests from the Desktop agent are sent to Files Cloud with invalid IDP tokens after changing user's password
- [PLTFRM-48857] Degradation /api/2/users/me after switch to BAS
- [PLTFRM-49823] GSP url is incorrect in presentation service config
- [PLTFRM-49010] Vacuum and sending events stuck
- [PLTFRM-50119] Root/subroot users should be able to set trial_origin value on 23.02
- [PLTFRM-46183] Percona disk usage almost meets hardware limits
- [PLTFRM-49674] 500 error on tenant update if tenant name is already exists
- [PLTFRM-48711] Partner can enumerate self-managed customer's users using search API
- [ABR-364134] Error 422 "UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY" during remove_resources
- [PLTFRM-49414] Invalid immutability settings mode when processing event
PSA and RMM integrations
- [CI-21618] [Kaseya BMS] Automatically create customers - Kaseya BMS accounts are not provisioned
- [CI-22381] [KaseyaBMS] Integration Service Mapping not loading
- [CI-22099] [N-central] Agent uninstallation fails when aakore has broken YAML config file
- [ABR-358801] Plesk: Web Hosting Server service quota cannot be assigned to a virtual machine.
- [CI-22095] Paessler PRTG: Data about last backup status is not populated in Acronis sensors.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
- [ABR-306459] Backup finished with error "A device attached to the system is not functioning" on specified machine.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ADP-17122] Backups Scanning does not work properly with orphaned archives.
Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support for the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file-level backup does not support a custom profile path.
Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and other applications protection
[ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
[PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
[ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
[ABR-320237] Debian 10 EFI VM with enabled Secure Boot is not bootable after recovery of backup captured from VMware ESXi to VM on Scale Computing HC3
Solution: disable Secure Boot in EFI boot manager configuration after recovery
[ABR-320149] Recovery of backup for machine which contains a mix of IDE and SCSI drives, to Scale Computing VM, produces a VM which misses 1 disk (non-system SCSI disk is not restored)
[ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
[ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
[ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
[ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
[ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
[ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
[ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
[ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
Solution: Select a different volume for the mounted VM disk path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
[ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
[ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
[ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
[ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
[ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
Data Loss Prevention and Device control
- [DEVLOCK-1558] In rare cases, Acronis Cyber Protect Agent setup hangs at upgrading due deadlock in Agent for DLP.
- [DEVLOCK-4028] There is no control of chats for Zoom desktop agent.
- [DEVLOCK-3717] Automatic internal hosts recognition fails in some scenarios for HTTP servers.
- [DEVLOCK-3930] There is no control for copy text operation (Clipboard, Redirected clipboard) in Adobe Acrobat reader DC Windows 10 x86.
- [DEVLOCK-2728] In some scenarios system may become unstable when copying many files to Removable and SMB simultaneously.
- [DEVLOCK-2512] In rare cases Acronis Cyber Protect Agent can't be stopped.
- [DEVLOCK-3717] Automatic internal/external destination detection for HTTP within a domain with hostname access does not work correctly (detected as External).
- [DEVLOCK-4481] Google Chrome does not start with DLP Agent installed.
- [DEVLOCK-4235] No file sharing control if uploading files via api using python.
- [DEVLOCK-4028] There is no control for the group chats in Zoom desktop agent.
- [DEVLOCK-4070] The USB allowlist not working on a physical MacBook computer (applies to Device control module on macOS).
- [DEVLOCK-4117] HID Bluetooth devices denied by service when "Bluetooth HID" checked in the Device types allowlist (applies to Device control module on Windows computers).
- [DEVLOCK-4451] HTTP Communication error while a client software on a computer with the Advanced DLP agent tries to connect to the Sage database.
- [DEVLOCK-4016] Sender's friendly name and ID are not captured for GMX Web Mail in case of an email draft creation.
- [DEVLOCK-4447] No Justification dialog is presented to the sender for Naver WebMail in case of an email draft creation.
- [DEVLOCK-4025] Recipient's friendly name and ID are not captured for ICQ desktop agent (applies to Windows 10 x86).
- [DEVLOCK-4045] Sender's friendly name and ID are not captured for Web.de Mail.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.