Table of contents
- Support for Windows Server 2008 will be discontinued in Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Cloud starting with 21.12 release.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
Customers’ backups will not be lost and backed up data can be easily recovered after a malware attack, or an accidental or malicious deletion of backups.
- When immutable backup functionality is enabled, data deletion on Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud storage (Acronis-hosted or partner-hosted) is delayed for a configurable number of days (set in Acronis Cyber Protect). This enables partners to recover data from deleted backups via Acronis Cyber Protect console without having to contact Acronis support.
Backup for MySQL and MariaDB
This release introduces single-pass backup functionality for MySQL/MariaDB workloads which enables both entire workload recovery and granular recovery of MySQL/MariaDB databases and tables in case of data corruption.
- Quick backup configuration for MySQL/MariaDB.
- Recovery of database and table.
- Recovery of database as a set of files.
Custom DHCP server to manage network parameters during failover
- Customers can disable the default DHCP server provided by Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and use a custom DHCP server to manage network parameters (IP addresses, default gateways, etc.) of recovery and primary servers during failover.
In addition, customers can run applications where the license is bounded to a MAC address.
Extending maximum amount of cloud networks for Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Cloud
Maximum amount of cloud networks is extended from 5 to 23.
Unified Cyber Files (on-premise) and Files Cloud iOS mobile application
iOS Files Cloud mobile app and iOS Acronis Cyber Files app are now unified to Acronis Cyber Files app.
New functionalities in Notary allow customers to:
- See their document notarization status (with the new pending status)
- Understand which emails include an invitation for signing
Download the notarization certification as a PDF and copy the file notarization information for trusted verification
Management Portal and Platform Core
No new updates in C21.12
RMM and PSA integrations
Two-way quota sync in Autotask PSA
Partners can now update quotas in Acronis Management portal and have that reflected in the contracts in Autotask PSA. This will allow protection to be deployed to new workloads without having to wait for contract updates in Autodesk PSA.
Cyber Protection agent
The Acronis Cyber Protection agent has new versions as follows.
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v.15.0.28610)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v.15.0.28610)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v.15.0.28610)
See the release notes for the Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
For information about security issues fixed in this release, please refer to our Security Advisory at https://security-advisory.acronis.com/updates/UPD-2112-f012-61e7.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
- [PLTFRM-34649] Password reset for account.acronis.com accounts is not working correctly.
- [PLTFRM-34631] [Licensing] Acronis Management Server may not be properly unregistered from cloud which causes inability to release licenses in some cases.
- [PLTFRM-33235] User activation may not work correctly for tenants with enabled "Files Sync & Share" service.
- [ABR-331392] Website backup activities may become stuck in rare cases.
- [ABR-331299] List of recovery points may appear inconsistent when switching between different devices on Recovery tab.
- [ABR-330795] Documentation link not displayed and leads to wrong place if opened from files browsing UI during recovery.
- [ABR-174782] Recovery activity progress hangs in web console UI when restoring an "Entire Machine" backup of Linux system (recovery with reboot), while recovery actually succeeds.
Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-330896] Protection plan creation fails with "Failed to connect to the socket." error in rare cases.
- [ABR-329594] Agent for Linux: installation fails on systems with kernel with empty SUBLEVEL.
- [ARC-404] File-level backup fails if one file from the backup source cannot be processed (read-only) in rare cases.
Dashboards and reports
- [ADP-17865] Reports schedule may be duplicated, so the reports are sent more often than intended, in rare cases.
- [DRAAS-24130] Unexpected additional recovery sever is created when protection plan is applied to a static or dynamic group in rare cases.
File Sync & Share
- [ACIOS-6480] Acronis Cyber Files iOS app: switching between worksheets in Excel documents does not work in some cases.
- [ASRV-11645] Files and folders sharing invitation link does not work when the invitation language is set to "Portugues" (PT-PT) or "Portugues de Brasil" (PT-BR).
- [ASRV-11365] The "Successfully Uploaded" pop-up on the Files Sync & Share page after successful file upload is not translated.
- [ABR-331941] Recovery with reboot of an AWS EC2 VM fails due to Acronis bootable environment (Linux) failure to detected NIC (PCI ID: 8086:10ed).
- [ABR-331218] Acronis SnapAPI module build fails on specific openSUSE 15 version (openSUSE-Leap-15.3-2).
- [ABR-330240] Agent for Linux: Archive3 auto repair (https://kb.acronis.com/content/67908) does not work.
- [ABR-330891] Backups may fail when trying to access /Users/[username]Library/CloudStorage/* files in some cases.
Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and other applications protection
- [ABR-331656] MySQL: tables and databases recovery may fail with "Couldn't retrieve mysqld default params: exit status 1: mysqld stderr" error in some cases.
- [ABR-331309] C2C: Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online backup completes with warnings when processing folders with specific "replacement" character (https://unicode-table.com/en/FFFD/) in their names.
- [ABR-331070] C2C: Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online backup performance is lower than expected when processing huge libraries.
- [ABR-331065] Microsoft Teams messages backup fails due to unexpected Microsoft API response when processing huge number of messages (~30000).
- [ABR-330807] Google users with Gmail\Gdrive services disabled are still unexpectedly shown in the protection console UI.
- [ABR-328655] "7 day history" backup widget does not reflect C2C backups activities.
- [ABR-322524] Pre/post-data capture command fails when backing up MariaDB (Windows).
- [ABR-316321] Pre/post-data capture command fails when backing up MariaDB (Linux).
Security and management
- [AMP-8034] Agent for Windows may cause crash in spoolsv.exe (Windows OS print spooler service).
- [ADP-18077] Vulnerability Assessment failure causes agent process (adp-agent.exe) to crashe if there was an exception in "GetApplicationInfo" during applications scanning.
- [ADP-18024] Auto-discovery Agent is not available for selection for a non-admin user in a unit.
- [ABR-329045] Virtual CD-ROM device is not added to converted VM on Scale Computing HC3 platform if the backup source was a physical machine.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- [PLTFRM-34884] The "Show SKU-related fields" option may be missing in the report configuration screen in rare cases (affects large accounts).
- [PLTFRM-34634] The list of cloud backup locations is not updated automatically when corresponding user is deleted from Management Portal in rare cases.
- [PLTFRM-34550] No support for TLS v1.2 for "stats-server" and "account-data-control" services (affects reporting from partner-hosted storage based on Acronis Cyber Infrastructure).
- [PLTFRM-34264] Management Portal: the Users list does not show all users, when there are more than 100 users.
- [PLTFRM-33314] Login/Re-login/navigation in the Management Portal UI sections may stuck showing load indicator on dark screen background in rare cases.
- [PLTFRM-32768] Applying a protection plan with enabled Vulnerability Assessment option fails with incorrect licensing violation-related error in rare cases.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ADP-17122] Backups Scanning does not work properly with orphaned archives.
[PLTFRM-35250] Licenses in the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud that are allocated for Acronis Cyber Protect 15 might not be allocated or deleted properly if Acronis Cyber Protect 15 is turned off.
Workaround: Turn on Acronis Cyber Protect 15, unregister the management server, and register it again in the Cyber Protect console.
Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
Microsoft 365, Google Workspace and other applications protection
[ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
[PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
[ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-327505] Changed Block Tracking is not used properly when performing conversion into VM on Scale Computing HC3, which results in longer conversion process.
- [ABR-320237] Debian 10 EFI VM with enabled Secure Boot is not bootable after recovery of backup captured from VMware ESXi to VM on Scale Computing HC3
- Solution: disable Secure Boot in EFI boot manager configuration after recovery
- [ABR-320149] Recovery of backup for machine which contains a mix of IDE and SCSI drives, to Scale Computing VM, produces a VM which misses 1 disk (non-system SCSI disk is not restored)
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
- Solution: Select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-327505] Changed Block Tracking does not work for convert to VM operations on Scale Computing.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.