Table of contents
- What's new
- Updated Components
- Fixed issues
- Known issues and limitations
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in previous releases.
Ability to switch between customers right in the Cyber Protection console
This release enables partners to quickly switch between customer tenants using new customer switcher widget in Cyber Protection console.
Vulnerability assessment for macOS
- Configure a scheduled vulnerability assessment for macOS devices.
- Run a vulnerability assessment on macOS devices on demand.
- Scan macOS native and third-party products for vulnerabilities.
- Browse discovered macOS vulnerabilities in Cyber Protection console.
- Browse macOS vulnerabilities in predefined report and widgets.
- Available in Acronis Cyber Protect (Per workload and Per gigabyte billing modes) and Legacy editions.
- macOS versions: 10.14 and higher.
- 3rd-party applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, LibreOffice, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Zoom, Skype, Mozilla Thunderbird, VLC Media Player.
Hardware inventory scan for virtual machines (agent-based)
- Collect the detailed information about workload hardware.
- Perform hardware inventory scans automatically and on-demand.
- Browse hardware information across all customer's workloads.
- Search by hardware parameters in the devices list.
- Generate hardware inventory report.
- Monitor the hardware changes.
Active protection and anti-ransomware for macOS
- Action on detection with "Recovery from cache" option.
- Network folder protection (restore files only to local disk).
- Self-protection (supports software’s own process, drivers, executables and configuration files).
Supported macOS versions: 10.14 and higher.
Performance Improvements for Behavior Engine
- Performance of Behavior Engine has been significantly improved (up to 100x faster).
Disaster Recovery: Firewall policies management
- The customers and Managed Service Providers can now manage firewall policies via Cyber Protection console instead of requesting help via Support.
- The feature enables firewall policies management automation to substitute manual support process.
- All policies for the existing Recovery and Primary cloud servers will be kept and can be managed by a user:
- Inbound - deny all, except TCP: 80, 443, 8088, 8443 and UDP: 1194
- Outbound - allow all
- Custom policies
- New Recovery and Primary cloud servers will be created with default policies and can be managed by a user:
- Inbound - deny all, except TCP 443
- Outbound - allow all, except TCP 25
Device Control: Separately controlled user access to encrypted removable media
- Encrypted removable control is added to device access settings.
- It enables administrators to permit end users copying data from the workload only to removable storage devices encrypted by BitLocker To Go, which are automatically recognized by Device Control.
- Reduced time and efforts – simply set the Encrypted removable control to “Allowed” instead of a three-step manual configuration of USB devices allowlist.
- No dependency on having USB serial numbers on individual removable storage devices to safely copy encrypted data from the workload.
Device Control: Independent control of screenshot capture
- Screenshot capture control is added to device access settings.
- User permissions to capture screenshots and copy data via the clipboard are now controlled separately and independently.
- Minimized risk of data leakage due to uncontrolled screenshot capturing without blocking normal clipboard copy/paste operations.
- Prevents screenshot capturing not only by Print Screen but any third-party application that uses Print Screen.
The experimental "Voice Control" functionality has been removed
Performance improvements for granular recovery of cPanel accounts
Improved performance of granular browsing the cPanel objects in the recovery points (accounts, sites, files, databases) by optimizing the storage of metadata in archive properties.
"Clients" list of Management Portal got new "Billing mode" column.
The new column shows billing mode (or Legacy edition) that is assigned to the customers without necessity to open each customer's details one by one.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.26822)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.26822)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.26822)
See the release history of Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-281265] Recovery of a folder fails within 5 seconds with error "URI is invalid" due to colon in volume name.
- [ABR-308716] Backup got stuck at 3% until timeout after ~2 hours due to DNS resolution errors.
- [ABR-308207] Backup of files with special symbols on Linux failed with error "Operating system error: Invalid argument".
- [ABR-311393] File recovery to original destination on NAS failed with "Access Denied" error.
- [ABR-306756] Extra folders, added to existing protection plan, were not backed up.
- [ABR-305144] It is impossible to edit or delete replication plans.
- [ABR-311744] Cannot open WebRestore Console (partner on-premise deployment), it fails with "GetDatacenterAddress" error message.
- [ABR-271170] Backup file name templates shows an error when attempting to tie it to an existing backup.
- [ABR-305693] Sometimes the "Manage Accounts" button is missing in Cyber Protection console for administrators with "Company administrator" role.
- [ABR-303364] After recovery the buttons ("Reboot", "Shutdown", "Suspend") in XenHost 7.6 Console are grayed out.
- [ABR-312505] It is impossible to modify a replication task, it fails with error Tenant 'XXXXXX' has no rights to modify the plan with tenant 'XXXXXX'.
- [ABR-310219] It is impossible to resize column "Name" on Plans -> Protection tab.
- [ABR-305063] The incorrect action items displayed for alert "The device has no quota to apply a protection plan".
- [ABR-312749] An incorrect Support link is shown in "Storage quota exceeded" alert.
- [ABR-312420] The "Run now" button is not available.
- [ABR-306088] Cannot open GUI of cPanel plugin: "The backup agent is not available".
- [ADP-13558] USB drive remains locked even after replication plan to USB is successfully completed.
- [ADP-13283] Patch management is missing 20H2 updates for Windows 10 x64 1909.
- [ADP-14274] Data discovery failed with "Internal error".
- [AAP-4128] Maxima Taxi Server is wrongly considered to be "not trusted".
- [ADP-14329] "Go to customer" button inside the "5 latest alerts" widget does not work if filter is not selected.
- [AAP-4673] Active protection detected a malicious process in temp folder.
- [DRAAS-22217] Optimizing recovery point for fast boot fails with vague error in case if no credentials for encrypted backup were found.
- [DRAAS-22667] Wrong test IPs suggested while Disaster Recovery IP reassignment.
- [DRAAS-22751] The "default gateway" and "VPN gateway" IP addresses are identical, which causes IP conflict.
- [ABR-311936] Some Google Workspace items are missing in Google Workspace node.
- [PLTFRM-26244] Backup of Linux fails with error "Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers".
- [ABR-312410] Virtuozzo Linux 7.8 machine crashed (kernel crash) during backup activity.
- [ADP-13891] Acronis Cyber Protect definition update fails on macOS with error "Failed to apply NGMP definitions".
- [ABR-309381] Backup of Microsoft Teams completed with warning "Could not get Channel Messages: Error: 403 GET".
- [ABR-311582] Backup of Microsoft Teams failed with catalog Indexing error "An internal error. Please contact the support team".
- [ABR-312122] It is possible to discover resources in a Microsoft 365 account even if the related offering items are disabled.
- [ABR-312054] Backup of Microsoft Teams completed with warning "Could not get Channel Messages: Error: 404 GET".
- [ABR-308091] Recovery of Microsoft OneDrive fails with error 400 "The request is malformed or incorrect".
- [ABR-312123] Recovery of Microsoft OneDrive failed with error ''Do' operation calls cycle detected''.
- [ABR-312208] Backup of Microsoft Teams failed with error :Could not get Team".
- [ARC-319] Backup of Microsoft SharePoint Online site fails with error "[Archive Server]: unexpected end of JSON input".
- [AFDC-951] Status in tray is incorrect: "up to date" even when sync is still running.
- [AFDC-475] [AFDC-638] File Sync & Share desktop client for Windows fails to start after computer restart or wake up from sleep, error "Could not retrieve preferred client version" is shown.
- [AFDC-1309] *.tmp files created by AutoCad are not excluded by the File Sync & Share desktop client for Windows.
- [AFDC-1327] File Sync & Share desktop client for Windows cannot automatically resume operation when an error occurs and the Preferences window is left open.
- [ASRV-10366] 50+ GB file upload S3 storage fails.
- [PLTFRM-27570] After switching from Legacy edition to the Advanced licensing ("Per workload" and "Per gigabyte" billing modes) usage may be reset to 0 and re-calculated within 10 minutes. It is also possible to disable Advanced packs during this period, which may lead to removing protection from the affected workloads.
- [PLTFRM-26175] Workload usage mismatch in Management Portal and Cyber Protection console after update to Acronis Cyber Cloud 21.03.
- [PLTFRM-26825] Cloud storage location disappeared from tenant properties and cloud backups started failing: "Cloud storage for your account is disabled".
- [PLTFRM-27575] Management Portal periodically freezes after drill down to another tenant.
- [PLTFRM-25712] "Partner-owned backup storage" offering item cannot be disabled even if there are no customers which are using that storage.
- [PLTFRM-26926] Edition switch fails on a customer level if there is usage on two different storages on partner level.
- [PLTFRM-27113] Opening Audit log fails with error 500 in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-27552] Freshly created customer is unable to log in to the Cyber Protection console: "Cyber Protection console is not available".
- [PLTFRM-27506] Misleading description while accepting Platform Terms and Conditions.
- [CI-10525] Synchronization delays for provisioning in ConnectWise Manage integration.
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-305144] It is impossible to edit or delete replication plan.
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-308679] Installation of Red Hat Virtualization guest tools fails inside the VM restored from a physical (other platform) backup.
Solution: during installation of RHV guest tools, uncheck the following drivers: Vioscsi, Vioserial, Viostor
- [ABR-296485] Agent for Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure (virtual appliance) may crash when performing VM recovery from backup captured from another platform (for example from physical machine or VMware VM), if there is 1GB RAM available on the appliance.
Solution: increase the RAM of the virtual appliance to 4GB.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.