Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 20.12
Release date: December 2020
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in previous releases.
Acronis Cyber Protect
- E-signature API
- Allows initiation of E-signature process:
- Upload documents out of third-party systems.
- Electronically sign the document with Notary.
- Allow to export signed document and Signature certificate to the third-party systems.
- Generate resulting signed files, notarize them.
ConnectWise Manage integration
Management Portal and Platform Core
- Proper handling of the SameSite cookie attribute
See the dedicated API change log document for more details.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.26077)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.26077)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.26077)
See separate Acronis Cyber Protection agent release notes here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
Acronis Cyber Protect
Acronis Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-297683] Tray Monitor opens on top of all windows after update of Acronis Cyber Protection Agent.
- [ABR-298577] Couldn't register an agent 15.0.24647 after installation due to Acronis Managed Machine Service (MMS) crash.
- [ABR-266842] After update to build 12.5.21780 two instances of agents appears on Settings - Agents tab.
- [ABR-297965] Backup failed with error "Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9999: Connection refused".
- [ABR-216400] Couldn't register an agent due to Acronis Managed Machine Service (MMS) couldn't start with error "Failed to initialize network module" if port 9850 is used by some other application
- [ABR-289472] Backup finished with warning "Operation was terminated unexpectedly due to a restart of the managed machine service".
- [ABR-297679] Microsoft SQL Backup failed with error "Nothing to back up".
- [ABR-297119] Recover with reboot failed due to the complex network configuration on the live operating system.
- [ABR-263271] Wrong result search by status. Search by status uses last alert status instead of severity alert status.
- [ABR-275381] Applying new plan fails with status unclear error "Request failed with status code 422" if to user is being disabled.
- [ABR-297101] Couldn't remove virtual machine replicas, since no agents present.
- [ABR-301304] The "Run now" button is grayed out for all devices.
- [ABR-284520] Protection status is shown incorrectly in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-284843] Download option is grayed-out if only the only folder is checked.
- [ABR-297686] Clicking "Recover to" in the recovery wizard do not display online agents to select from.
- [ABR-300287] Sorting doesn't work when search parameters are enabled.
- [ABR-300202] AMS service crashed after update from agent 12.5.16327 while attempting to modify existed protection plan.
- [ABR-296656] Login to Cyber Protection console failed with "Connection failed" error.
- [ABR-296385] A protection plan deployment fails in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-278987] A protection plan with entire machine and MS Exchange backup failed due to non-domain account credentials were accepted.
- [ARC-271] Backup failed with "Input/output error".
- [ABR-300631] Backup status in Operations Report is shown as "Unknown".
- [ABR-300831] Backup fails after importing and running a protection plan from Acronis Cyber Cloud 20.10. Error message "Cannot create a backup of the specified type in archive because it contains backups of another type".
- [DF-2544] Warning message is shown when trying to browse a backup "The search is not available because this backup is not cataloged yet".
- [AUK-4429][ABR-300243] Backup sizes in Web Restore console are not shown the same way as in Cyber Protection console.
- [ABR-267054] Unclear error message "Backup did not start" was improved.
- [ABR-225286] Unclear error message "connect failed in tcp_connect()" was improved.
- [ABR-296560] Unclear error message "Network connection failed due to timeout." was improved.
- [ABR-296557] Unclear error message "The storage quota is exceeded. Further backups will fail" was improved.
- [ABR-297997] Unclear error message "Windows error: (0x80070544) The validation information class requested was invalid" was improved.
- [ABR-297286] Unclear error message "The backup has failed due to an unexpected machine reboot or a termination of the cyber protection agent process" was improved.
- [ABR-297948] Unclear error message "NetworkConnectionFailed" was improved.
- [ABR-297280] Unclear error message "The operation is canceled by the user" was improved.
- [ABR-297969] Unclear error message "Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9999: Connection refused" was improved.
- [AAP-4435] False positive alert received from Active Protection.
- [AMP-3925][ADP-11395] Cyber protection module consumes too much resources of a machine.
Dashboards and reports
- [ADP-11494] Daily operations report is not delivered on schedule in certain circumstances.
- [ADP-11319] Accessing disk health status dashboard results in a browser redirection error "An unexpected error has occurred".
- [ADP-11891] Filtering by protection status doesn't work properly in "Devices" widget.
- [DRAAS-21451] Test disaster recovery creates a virtual machine without network interface.
- [DRAAS-21562] Test failover fails with static IP address.
- [ABR-294234] The SnapAPI kernel module is not loaded for the kernel 2.6.32-954.3.5.lve1.4.80.el6.x86_64 that is running in the system.
- [ABR-269486] Recovery failed with "couldn't get upstream token" error message after updating agent from version 12.5.12420 to version 12.5.22210.
- [PLTFRM-24134] Microsoft 365 items backups stuck at 0%.
- [PLTFRM-25094] Microsoft 365 items backup schedule is skipped randomly.
- [ABR-289775] Backup of archived Microsoft Teams failed with error 403.
- [ABR-294692] Several Microsoft SharePoint Online items are missing in the recovery point.
- [ABR-297975] Backup of Microsoft SharePoint Online failed with error "You are trying to back up two different sites to one location. System can write only one site's data in one location".
- [ABR-300755] Backup of Microsoft OneDrive sporadically fails with error "A backup agent error: 'agent was crashed'".
- [ABR-297211] Backup of Microsoft SharePoint Online succeeded with warning "Failed to process change event List/Restore".
- [ABR-299903] Microsoft 365 alerts lack of localized descriptions.
- [ABR-294216] Boot order of a virtual machine restored to VMware vSphere 6.5 cannot be modified in BIOS.
- [ABR-283194] Empty warning message appears when replicating VMware vSphere 6.7 virtual machine with independent disks.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- [PLTFRM-23593] User from tenant where URL is branded can't login via parent branded URL (or via direct DC URL).
- [PLTFRM-25096] It's impossible to release a resource for disabled tenant.
Files Sync & Share
- [ASRV-10018] Uploading or accessing the files from File Sync & Share web interface results in "File system repository is unreachable" error message.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protection
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-252829][ABR-263271] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-296485] Agent for Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure (virtual appliance) may crash when performing VM recovery from backup captured from another platform (for example from physical machine or VMware VM), if there is 1GB RAM available on the appliance.
Solution: increase the RAM of the virtual appliance to 4GB.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
Management Portal and Platform Core
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.