Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 20.11
Release date: November 2020
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in previous releases.
Acronis Cyber Protect
- VMware vSphere 7.0 support
- Agentless backup and recovery of virtual machines running on VMware vSphere 7.0 is fully supported.
- VMware vSAN 7.0 is fully supported.
- Limitations in the 20.11 release:
- “ESXi configuration” backup is not supported.
- (Same as for vSphere 6.7) Virtualization Based Security (VBS) option is always disabled on restored virtual machines.
- (Same as for vSphere 6.7) Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is absent on restored virtual machines.
- (Same as for vSphere 6.7) VMware vSphere configurations with PMEM datastores are not supported.
- Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 agentless backup/restore for virtual machines
- The Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 virtual machines are now shown in the product UI, in addition to containers.
- Full support for backup and restore for Virtuozzo virtual machines, in addition to containers.
- You can perform granular recoveries of files/folders.
- No agents are required inside the protected virtual machines.
- New UX and extra data are displayed in Acronis Cyber Protect Monitor
- Date and time when the machine was last backed up is displayed.
- The name of the running protection plan is displayed.
- The progress of the running backup is displayed, in addition to the remaining time.
- For backups that are temporarily stopped by the user, the time when the backups will resume is displayed.
- Service quota displaying and management in Devices list
- The assigned service quota is shown for each device.
- Filtering by service quota type is now supported.
- Assigning and revoking a service quota for multiple devices is now supported.
Management Portal and Platform Core
See the dedicated API change log document for more details.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.25851)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.25851)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.25851)
See separate Acronis Cyber Protection agent release notes here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
Acronis Cyber Protect
Acronis Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-274105] Unnecessary interactions with Windows certificate store.
- [ABR-274169] File-level backup succeeded without warnings if one or more protected managed entities (files or folders) were not found.
- [ABR-277701] Agents get unregistered by "register_agent" tool if there were wrong credentials provided during "register" operation.
- [ABR-291824] ngelam.sys is marked for deletion during agent installation rollback, which leads to operating system boot issues.
- [ABR-292852] Plesk protection plan fails with "The execution of update-capture-data-config.php has failed" error when Plesk does not have access to /var/lib/Acronis folder.
- [ABR-294199] The /etc/Acronis/Scripts/add_user_to_acronis_group.sh script is not launched during Acronis Cyber Protection Agent installation.
- [ARC-13] Error message "Internal error: An expression test has failed." appears when deleting mobile backups.
- [ARC-258] File-level backup to cloud failed with error message "Fatal protocol error".
- [KERNEL-8514] System deadlock caused by "file_protector.sys" driver in some cases.
- [PLTFRM-23741] Backup to cloud fails with "Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers" error message in rare cases.
- [PLTFRM-24485][ABR-290061] Cannot register an agent for Windows 12.5.22750 located behind proxy with "HTTP error 503 Service unavailable" error.
- [ABR-294569] MS Exchange contacts recovery fails with "Cannot open public folder or mailbox 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. - Access is denied" error in some cases.
- [ABLOC-13068] Wrong Italian translation for "KB/second".
- [ABR-292476] Protection plan shows "Critical" status for devices in "OK" status.
- [ABR-294277] "Backup is missing" alerts were generated despite the backups were running normally in some cases.
- Multiple unclear error messages have been reviewed and improved. This includes errors returned from the operating system.
- [ADP-10902] Previously existed patches are missing from the protection plan.
- [ADP-11026] Cyber protection definitions update fails in some cases.
- [ADP-7873] Infinite loading when clicking on "Connect via RDP" sometimes may occur.
Dashboards and reports
- [ADP-10867] "Backup status" and "Protected devices" widgets information population fails on a partner level.
- [ADP-11174] Quarantined files cannot be deleted from the Cyber Protection console after the device those are associated with is removed.
- [DRAAS-21483] Windows Server 2019 Datacenter always boots in Safe mode during failover in rare cases.
- [DRAAS-21526] Logs of VPN appliance and server downloaded from the Cyber Protection console do not contain the needed information, but rather the same events for different tenants.
- [ABR-295228] Google Drive backups may be held in queued state for more than 24 hours.
- [DF-2494] Google Workspace backup fails with "Catalog indexing" error in some cases.
- [ABR-284189] Microsoft OneDrive backup fails with "Task timeout expired" error in some cases.
- [ABR-294054] Microsoft SharePoint Online sites backup fails "You are trying to back up two different sites to one location" error in rare cases.
- [ABR-294519] Microsoft OneDrive backup fails with "504 No more retries available" error in rare cases.
- [ABR-294697] Microsoft Teams backup failed with "Failed to load channels: Could not get Channels: No more retries available" error in rare cases.
Physical Data Shipping
- [ABR-254021] Large Scale Recovery (LSR) tool cannot find any backups for token.
- [ABR-274614] Legacy Large Scale Recovery (LSR) tool does not work with fresh archives "An error has occurred: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)".
- [ABR-114290] Replication/backup task finishes with unclear warning message "Error 0x4e25: The operation has been disabled by the guest operating system" when previous task has failed.
- [ABR-272872] Hyper-V production checkpoints cannot be created if virtual machine has iSCSI disk connected inside the guest OS.
- [ABR-275351] Backup of a website by SFTP fails with the error "SSH_FX_FAILURE".
- [ABR-292875] Backup of a website failed with error "get ssh password credentials: Network Error: dial tcp: i/o timeout (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)".
Management Portal and Platform Core
- [PLTFRM-23968] Trial account has been created with only "Mobiles" and "Microsoft 365 seats" offering items on JP datacenter.
- [PLTFRM-24224] No warning message when trying to switch a customer tenant to edition where some of the source offering items do not exist.
- [PLTFRM-24375] Provisioning of a new customer tenant failed "The tenant with this name already exists." due to issue with search via endpoint api/1/groups?prefix=.
- [PLTFRM-24530] Wrong currency and tier are shown in "Legal"/"Pricing terms" table for a partner.
- [PLTFRM-24549] Offering item isn't enabled when PUT /tenants/offering_items in certain circumstances.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protection
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-252829][ABR-263271] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.