- What's new
- Updated Components
- Fixed issues
- Known issues and limitations
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in previous releases.
Auto-update for agents
- New agent auto-update functionality allows an MSP technician to keep agents on the latest version, without any manual operations.
- A partner or customer administrator can set agent auto-update configuration for customers, units, or individual machines.
- Administrators can set a maintenance window when agents can be updated and select the version of the agent to be installed.
- Supported operating systems: Windows, Linux, macOS. Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) support is planned for future versions.
- Auto-update does not support the current version of agents, thus update agents to the new version should be done by using the agent update procedure.
Registration token management improvements
- A partner can now generate registration tokens without having to log out from the partner account and log back in as a customer.
- A partner can extend the scope of the token to include a protection plan.
- These changes provide more flexibility and empower script-based integrations.
On-demand deployment of Anti-malware protection components
- Anti-malware components will be installed to the client computers only if anti-malware protection is selected in the protection plan.
- This will decrease RAM consumption and the number of services running on the machine.
- This will allow preserving compatibility with third-party antivirus solutions.
- There is no need to manually install or uninstall the antimalware protection component on multiple machines — it is done automatically.
Monitor signed applications (non-Microsoft certificates) by using Behavior detection
- Increased security protection for the customer workloads, by monitoring signed application for potential threats.
- All signed applications, including Acronis’s own applications, will be monitored by the Behavior detection engine.
Notary: Document Templates for standard agreements in Acronis Notary Cloud
- Uploading standard agreements (for example, employment contracts, service agreements, NDAs, etc.) to the Notary Console as templates.
- Sending documents for eSigning by using document templates is easier: only emails and custom fields should be specified.
Notary: Custom fields for document templates
- Easily specify information, such as bank account, dates, and other, by using custom fields.
- There is no need to create a new document and upload it to the Notary console when changes are required.
Notary: Mass sending of documents for eSigning via Acronis Notary Cloud API
- Send hundreds of documents for eSigning in seconds by using the new document templates API.
Software inventory improvements
- Software inventory shows a warning message that informs about the need to change the current service quota to one that supports software inventory.
- Provides detailed information about the inability to perform a software inventory scan if software inventory is disabled for the tenant account.
- Provides detailed information about why the software inventory is not available, if there is no service quota for the workload.
- Shows a clear notification with detailed information if no service quota is available, and provides an advice on what to do next to enable and use Software inventory.
Disaster recovery: Reliable failback planning based on the backup size of a server
- During the failback planning phase, it is possible to see the size of the backup that needs to be transferred back to the local site.
- There is also a tooltip with recommendations on how to calculate the downtime correctly.
Cyber Files and Files Cloud: Support authentication with client certificate for Android
- Client certificates provide and alternative solution to user ID/password authentication.
- Added support for mobile device management auto-login with a client certificate.
Cyber Files and Files Cloud: Improvement for iOS
- New editing interface for secure editing of Microsoft Office files.
- Improved files preview functionality to support more file types and password-protected Office files.
- Implemented an ability to edit plain-text files.
- UIWebView is now replaced with WKWebView.
- New tooltips provide information about the functionality included in offering items.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.26986)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.26986)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.26986)
See the release history of Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-314406] Microsoft SQL backup fails with error "Device has no quota to apply backup plan" on older agents after changing quota settings.
- [ADP-14434] Duplicate entities of Microsoft Exchange DAG databases (active/passive) shown on Dashboard's Devices widget.
- [ABR-313452] High CPU usage on a device with Cyber Protection Agent version 15.0.26473 until system reboot after initial installation.
- [PLTFRM-26505] Backup fails with error "Request to the cloud platform failed because the agent is not registered" due to agent erroneous un-registration after update in rare cases.
- [ADP-14259] Software Management → Vulnerabilities: long list of vulnerabilities (>500) causes page to freeze when filter is applied.
- [ABR-313363][ABR-314244][ABR-304390] Protection plan remains in "Deploying" status after update to Acronis Cyber Cloud 21.03 Hotfix 1.
- [ABR-293046] [PLTFRM-26960] Pending "Scan for malware" stuck activities cannot be cancelled.
- [ABR-313612][ABR-312502] Protection plan fails to start on a workload with status "not scheduled".
- [ABR-313428] "Machine is offline for more than 20 days" alert is not triggered properly.
- [ABR-313238] "Customer" tenant admin is able to change the backup destination even if the "Local backup" offering item is disabled on the upper tenant level.
- [ABR-312951] Unable to get recovery point list via API: empty list of recovery points is returned.
- [ABR-280429] Original user account name is still shown even though the tenant name was changed.
- [DEVLOCK-1083] Possible BSOD after enabling Device Control module on Windows Server 2016 in rare cases.
- [AAP-4673] Environment variables, such as "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" cannot be added into exclusion paths for Active Protection.
- [ADP-14086] "Updating Cyber Protect definitions" process is executed despite disabled Active Protection module.
- [ADP-12645] False-positive alert "Disk failure is imminent" appears in certain circumstances.
- [AMP-5167] "Folding@home" software stops working, if Web Filtering is enabled in Protection settings.
- [ADP-14213] "Data source" column in widgets shows "What to back up" details instead of "Items to back up".
- [ADP-14206] False-positive alert "Backup status is unknown" is shown on Dashboard in some cases.
- [DRAAS-23127] [DRAAS-23105] Test failover fails with "RunVm task XXXXX failed with code [UnknownError]" error in some cases.
- [DRAAS-23098] Second hard disk goes offline after failover.
- [DRAAS-23044] Time zone may be set incorrectly in Windows-based recovery servers.
- [DRAAS-22920] Recovery points are wrongly marked as unsuitable in some cases.
- [DRAAS-22673] Warning "The recovery server will be powered off" is shown even in case it is already powered off.
- [ABR-313876] Microsoft SharePoint Online site backup completes with warnings in some cases: "Failed to back up list", "Failed to process change event List/Restore" or "Failed to get the items of".
- [ABR-313746] Microsoft OneDrive backups are not running on schedule: affects few specific Acronis Cloud accounts.
- [ABR-314471] Microsoft Teams items discovery fails on timeout in rare cases.
- [ABR-311758] Microsoft SharePoint Online Site backup may fail with "Failed to back up the site settings" error in some cases.
- [ABR-299577] It is allowed to select archived Microsoft Teams as a target for recovery while it should not.
- [DBS-458] Login to EU2 datacenter is not available for several customers.
- [PLTFRM-28092] Checking/unchecking the "Advanced packs" checkboxes UI behavior is not consistent.
- [PLTFRM-28000] Management Portal may crash on Overview page for tenants that have no services enabled.
- [PLTFRM-27931] "State" value is not updated in tenant's contact information.
- [PLTFRM-27728] "Details" panel is not loading when switching between tenants.
- [PLTFRM-27702] Quota overage is not displayed for customer tenants.
- [PLTFRM-27692] 2FA login confirmation may fail with "The entered code may be wrong or outdated" error in some cases.
- [PLTFRM-27619] Creating a SSO external login link leads to images corruption, "Please wait..." message appears and never loads the redirect link.
- [PLTFRM-27271] It is not possible to set up Kaseya VSA integration when some PSA integration is already set up for the same tenant.
- [PLTFRM-26869] Usage of "Google Workspace seats" is not counted in "Total protected workloads".
- [PLTFRM-23286] Read-only administrator is created without Cyber Protect service via Management Portal.
- [CI-10912] ConnectWise Manage tickets are created with 2-3 hours delay after the respective alerts were triggered.
- [CI-10914] [ATT] Autotask tickets are created with 2-3 hours delay after the respective alerts were triggered.
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-305144] It is impossible to edit or delete replication plan.
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-296485] Agent for Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure (virtual appliance) may crash when performing VM recovery from backup captured from another platform (for example from physical machine or VMware VM), if there is 1GB RAM available on the appliance.
Solution: increase the RAM of the virtual appliance to 4GB.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.