Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 20.09
Release date: September 2020
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
Acronis Cyber Protect
- Protection of Citrix Workspace App from direct attacks
The Citrix Workspace App could be attacked by malware that can destroy files, the registry, and inject code into the application to perform malicious actions. For example, malware from the client machine may use Workspace App to distribute itself through the company network and encrypt the data on other machines. Instead of typical antivirus solutions, Acronis provides a dedicated and unique self-defense based protection for the Workspace App and which uses kernel-level drivers to protect the Workspace App files and registry from modification and the process from code injection.
- Quick and Full scans for antimalware protection in the same protection plan
Both full and quick antimalware scans can be scheduled in the same protection plan in order to reduce the load on the machine.
- Combination of all remote desktop actions in one menu
All actions for remote desktop connection are now combined under one menu item.
- Exploit Prevention separated from Behavioral detection
The Exploit Prevention feature that was released last month does not depend on the Behavioral detection anymore and can be enabled even if the Behavioral detection is disabled.
- Support for 10,000 records in Excel reports
Starting with the 20.09 release, we increased the number of records in reports exported to Excel to 10,000.
Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Cloud
- Updated view of the connectivity screen for new Disaster Recovery customers
New customers of Disaster Recovery will see an updated version of the connectivity screen when they visit the Disaster Recovery section for the first time.
- Optimized flow of recovery servers creation
- Additional way to edit/delete recovery servers
Now you can edit and delete a recovery server via the Device tab.
Management Portal and Platform Core
- It is now possible to set a quota for the offering item “Office 365 SharePoint Online".
Acronis Cyber Files Cloud
Acronis Cyber Notary Cloud
- Introduced an embeddable E-signature as a new workflow for .pdf convertible documents
Now you can e-sign legal documents online, by using signature images converted from handwriting or text that are embedded in the signed documents.
Files of the following formats can be converted to .pdf: .txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, and .pdf.
- Added the option “I am the only signer”
Now you can sign a document as a single signer. Before, you needed at least two signers to be able to sign a document and obtain a signature certificate.
See the dedicated API change log document for more details.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.24476)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.24476)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.24476)
See separate Acronis Cyber Protection agent release notes here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
Acronis Cyber Protect
Acronis Cyber Protection Agent
- [ABR-267142] "Failed to get property 'VersionString' of the installed product" error appears during agent installation in some cases.
- [ADP-8042] Link to open Acronis Cyber Protect from the Windows Defender Security Center is incorrect.
- [ABR-283226] Amazon AWS EC2 VM not reachable via RDP after cross-platform recovery (VMware VM backup restored to AWS EC2 VM).
- [ABR-278239] #CyberFit Score scanning causes too many events in Windows Event Log by using Win32_Product class.
- [ADP-7168] Anti-malware protection remains active on the machine after disabling this option in the applied Protection plan.
- [ADP-9837] Agent produces "Windows Defender module execution failed" alerts Windows Server 2008 in case Windows Defender has been disabled on the machine.
- [ABR-278338] [SQL][AAG] Backup of main DB replica is performed instead of secondary DB replica despite protection plan settings in some cases.
- [ABR-261814] Backup plan is automatically revoked from the SQL DB every time SQL Server service is stopped.
- [ABR-241354 + ABR-239160 + ABR-250374 + ABR-250362 + ABR-254405 + ABR-195128 + ABR-230638] Some system errors reported by the protection console UI are not clear enough.
- [ABR-272215] Backup plans cannot be managed (viewed/created) from partner admin level, if there are more than 1500 child tenants under this partner.
- [ABR-277077] Backup completes with warning, but the protection plan status and device status are OK (green) in some cases.
- [ABR-279277] Login into "Family Dashboard" hangs or fails with "Currently, the Cyber Protection console is not available." error in some cases.
- [ABR-285454] Agent is shown as offline in backup console and tray monitor while it is in fact online.
- [ABR-260567] Hyper-V host couldn't be registered (Hyper-V host agent got disabled).
- [ABR-287963] False-positive alerts "The device has no quota to apply a protection plan" appeared.
- [ABR-276826] Email notifications about backup status were not received.
- [ABR-286076] Device went offline after upgrade to 20.08.
- [ABR-283140] "Plan" column in "Devices" tab shows revoked (deleted) protection plans.
- [ABR-286471] Wrong number of protected virtual machines reported.
- [ABR-267454] Backup plans are not re-applied to the devices when tenant is re-enabled after a long time.
- [ABR-136232] Machine is not accessible after recovery to another AWS EC2 instance.
- [PLTFRM-23535] Impossible to download agent web installer from US5 data center, error "This us5-cloud.acronis.com page can't be found" is shown.
- [ARC-245] Service_process.exe crash with archive3.dll access violation exception (0xC0000005).
- [ARC-16] Replication from network to Cloud runs at low speed.
- [PLTFRM-21373] Device cannot be removed after user account is deleted.
- [ABR-276996] Cloud backup failed due to a crash of Service Process.
- [ARC-244] Mailbox backup fails while replication to cloud if old item version was not found in destination archive.
- [ABLOC-12885] "Not found" message is shown when trying to open documentation from Cyber Protection console in non en-US language.
- [ABR-278261] Protection plan runs too often due to duplicated tasks.
- [AMP-2588] Acronis Cyber Protect is listed as an Antivirus Provider in Windows Security even if the related customer does not have Cyber Protect edition.
- [AMP-3113] Anti-malware Protection exclusions don't work in certain circumstances.
- [AMP-3669] Active Protection sends a file from Trusted folder to Quarantine due to incorrect exclusions.
- [AAP-4018] Active Protection process crashes in certain circumstances.
- [TI-206720] Collection of #CyberFit metrics took 5 minutes to complete.
Dashboards and reports
- [ABR-286818] "Backup status" widget cannot be ordered/grouped by customer name or folder name.
- [ABR-287478] "Backup status" widget is empty.
- [ABR-281209] Wrong dates in "Daily Activities" and "Alerts summary" widgets.
- [ABR-287991] "Total number" and "Number of successful runs" in "Backup status" widget is zero after upgrade to 20.06.
- [ADP-10338] Drill down into "Activities" and "Alerts summary" widgets on partner (or folder) level do not show any data.
- [ADP-10337] Some filters of "Activities" widget do not work after drill down.
- [ADP-10336] Some filters of "Backup status" widget do not work.
- [ADP-10003] Focus on specific element of pie chart widget does not reset after mouse cursor moved away from it.
- [ADP-7041] Items to backup are not listed in "Details" view of a protection plan.
- [DRAAS-20732] Failback is not possible due to multiple vaults were found.
Google G Suite
- [ABR-285152] Google Drive backup of a single file failed with error message "No export link found for file".
- [ABR-283753] Google Drive backup failed with "insufficient permissions" error for file which is shared with a another user.
- [ABR-281467] Gmail: internal error during catalog indexing.
- [ABR-285754][ABR-284189] OneDrive recovery failed with timeout error.
- [ABR-286607] SharePoint: warning message "Failed to read group site" is shown if group has no site.
- [ABR-288028] [ABR-285661] [ABR-210822] Sharepoint backup failed with the error message "Task timeout expired".
- [ABR-283478] Warning message "Cannot retrieve the contents of Office 365 mailbox folder" is shown.
- [ABR-287614] OneDrive shared folders backups failed.
- [ABR-261465] Unable to apply Mailbox backup for users if email address does not work.
- [ABR-285221] Microsoft 365 mailboxes could not be detected if user email field is empty.
- [DF-2408] OneDrive catalog indexing fails if backup is empty.
- [DF-2389] SharePoint backup indexing failed with "client timeout" error.
- [DF-1893] Sharepoint backup fails "Failed indexing operation: Indexing operation failed".
- [ABR-275744] It is not possible to set decimal value of RAM (e.g '4.7' and GB) in virtual machine settings upon recovery to new virtual machine.
- [ABR-283798] Virtuozzo tab did not appear in the Cyber Protection after installing of agent and successful registration.
- [ABR-271888] "Run as virtual machine" operation failed with error when CSV path is selected for virtual machine.
Management Portal and Platfrom Core
- [PLTFRM-23549] Drill down into some tenants is happening very slowly.
- [PLTFRM-23001] Cannot re-create a user after it was deleted, error message is shown "login already exists".
- [PLTFRM-23269] Cloud not log into Management Portal at EU1 and US5 data centers.
- [PLTFRM-21895] Cloud storage usage is not updated after deleting archives.
- [PLTFRM-23679] Backups were not deleted after Cyber Protection service was disabled for tenant.
- [PLTFRM-22295] PUT /api/2/users/access_policies responds with status 500 instead of 400 if incorrect role name is used.
- [PLTFRM-23078] Links for Acronis Cyber Infrastructure's ISO and documentation are outdated.
- [PLTFRM-22818] API error "Application is not available" does not specify which application is not available.
- [PLTFRM-23056] Number of File Sync & Share users was not changed after tenant deletion.
- [PLTFRM-23633] Wrong number of protected virtual machines reported.
- [PLTFRM-22789] Wrong "login from IP address" is shown in Audit Log in case of custom SSO.
Physical Data Shipping
- [ABR-230947] Unclear error when drive is not found during Physical Data Shipping.
- [ABR-263707] "The protection plan cannot be applied or updated as the device has no appropriate quota" error appears when trying to edit a backup plan with Physical Data Shipping option enabled after upgrade to 9.0.
Acronis Cyber Files Cloud
- [AFDC-1258] Fixed issue with using special characters in login field.
- [ASRV-7400] Files with "One-time download" link are not available after download immediately.
- [ASRV-9775] Upload files larger than 1MB to S3 over HTTP.
Acronis Cyber Notary Cloud
- [AN-2401] Incorrect resolution for custom logos.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protection
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-239197] The protection plan with the enabled Physical Data Shipping option cannot be run if the "Local backup" offering item is disabled for a tenant.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-133689] Acronis MMS fails to start on the latest version of CentOS 7 that uses the 3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64 kernel version, due to the specific kernel bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1463241.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-106790] The service console is not shown properly on mobile devices.
- [ABR-252829] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-221210] An application-aware agent-less VM backup fails with the "Internal error: Failed to find file 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AcronisGuestService\output.xml'" error, due to a false positive detection of the Acronis "app_detect.exe" binary as "SONAR.Susplnject!gen5" malware by Norton Security Deluxe and/or Symantec Endpoint Protection antiviruses installed inside the virtual machine.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases.
- [ABR-204800] Agent for VMware (Windows) installed on Windows Server 2019 cannot use the "Direct SAN Access" backup mode if it is connected to VMware vSphere version 6.7 and the datastore is connected via iSCSI.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
- Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots, due to a Microsoft limitation (inability to create production checkpoints for Linux virtual machines).
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- The read-only role is available for selection while a customer tenant is created in the Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to the licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page does not support screen resolution of 1024 pixels or less in width.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off the administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] (Aсtive Directory Connector) Mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-159085] A broken page is shown after login to the Backup app for Android.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-4] It is possible to create a tenant with the name having only spaces.
- [PLTFRM-2335][PLTFRM-19133] The Audit log is not loaded after drill-down to a child tenant in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.