This release of DeviceLock introduces a new optional component and improvements to existing components. The support for some legacy operating systems is discontinued.
User Activity Monitor
- Added a new optional licensed component: User Activity Monitor (UAM).
With UAM, you can monitor end-user activity by video capturing a user's computer screen, and recording all keystrokes and information about the processes and applications that were running and used during the recording. This level of activity monitoring reduces the risk of data leaks by significantly expanding the evidence base in investigations of information security incidents, simplifies the process of identifying suspicious user behavior, and helps to reveal misuse of access privileges or data protection policies. An important feature of DeviceLock UAM is the ability to record a computer screen, keystrokes, and process information precisely when a specific event occurs. You can configure DeviceLock UAM to start recording upon various event occurrences, such as triggering a certain content inspection rule, connecting an external drive, or running a certain process in the system.
- Enhanced WhatsApp Desktop application support in Protocols.
- Enhanced support for WeTransfer, Amazon S3, and Cloud Mail.ru in the File Sharing control in Protocols.
- Improved support for Facebook in the Social Networks control in Protocols.
- Enhanced Mail.ru in the Web Mails control in Protocols.
- Enhanced IBM Notes support in Protocols.
- A new report type is added to the DeviceLock Enterprise Server: User Dossiers.
These powerful and easy-to-use reports enable information security teams to keep track of computer user activity by using a convenient graphical representation of user action statistics. The statistical overview of online user activity presented in User Dossiers is based upon various indicators that are enriched with LDAP directory data (including Active Directory Domain Services). User Dossiers show the frequency of attempts to perform unauthorized actions, transfer large amounts of data, reveal changes in the network user activity, and more. The statistical data provided by User Dossiers assists Administrators in analyzing the history of user activity and helps identify typical violations of security policies. These include a "loyalty indicator," most-used devices and network protocols, most frequently transferred files, and more.
- Added support for Windows 10 version 2004 (20H2).
- Relations Charts now display the user's domain name as the identifier for contacts whose IDs (such as e-mail address, IM identifier, etc.) belong to known domain users.
- DeviceLock Service and DeviceLock Discovery Agent no longer support Windows NT4 and Windows 2000.
- DeviceLock Service for Mac no longer supports macOS versions prior to 10.15 (Catalina).
- DeviceLock Printer Viewer and DeviceLock Web Console are removed from the distribution package.
ContentLock / Discovery
- Oracle IRM is no longer supported.
- Added support for a new Discovery target: Elasticsearch servers.