Release notes for Acronis Cyber Protect 15
Release date: October 6, 2020
We are happy to introduce Acronis Cyber Protect 15 – an AI-powered integration of Data Protection and Cybersecurity. Acronis Cyber Protect 15 integrates backup, disaster recovery, AI-based malware and ransomware protection, remote desktop, and security tools in a single solution.
One integrated solution:
- Eliminates complexity
- Delivers new security capabilities
- Keeps costs down
What's new in Acronis Cyber Protect 15
Autodiscovery and remote installation
Simplify the simultaneous installation of multiple agents in the cloud and on-premise.
- Network-based discovery
- Active Directory-based discovery
- Importing a list of machines from a file
- Automatic applying of protection plans
- Batch remote installation of agents by using the discovery wizard
Single protection plan covering all aspects of cyber protection
- Anti-malware protection
- URL filtering
- Vulnerability assessment
- Patch management
- Data protection map (data discovery)
- Windows Defender Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials management
Smart protection plan
Perform smart remediation actions based on security alerts from Acronis Cyber Protection Operations Centers (CPOC).
Full-stack anti-malware protection for Windows and macOS
- Real-time protection against malware
- Cryptomining process detection
- Ransomware detection
- On-demand scanning
- Self-protection: Protect Acronis components (e.g. registry, service stopping, Acronis file protecting)
- Network folder protection: Protect the data in shared folders on your machine against ransomware
- Server-side protection: Protect the data in shared folders within your network against ransomware
- Files quarantine
- Exclusions management: Specify processes that will not be considered malware; exclude folders where file changes will not be monitored; select files and folders where scheduled scanning will not be executed
Scan backups for malware in local storage, network shares, and Acronis Cloud Storage
Scan disk backups in the local storage, network shares, and Acronis Cloud Storage, in order to detect malware infections
Safe recovery allows you to restore an OS image without the malware found in it, to avoid reinfection after recovery.
URL filtering that controls the access to malicious URLs
URL filtering allows you to permit or deny access to specific websites based on information contained in a URL list.
- HTTP/HTTPS interceptor
- Black/whitelists for URLs
- Payload analysis for malicious URLs
Automated verification of system vulnerabilities to cyber threats
- Automatic approval of patches
- Deployment on a schedule
- Manual deployment
- Flexible reboot and maintenance window options
- Staged deployment
- Support for patch management of Microsoft and third-party software on Windows desktop and server operating systems
Windows Defender Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials Management
- Enforce settings across multiple machines
- Collect all Windows Defender Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essentials detection events and display them in the management console
HTML5-based secure Remote Desktop access
Establish a secure RDP connection to your devices right from web console interface, including cross-sites connections, with no VPN pre-requisites
Full-fledged read-only role support
- Manage roles on a user level.
- Added support for read-only mode access.
Disk health monitoring
Proactively track disk health status, before an issue happens.
Continuous Data Protection (CDP) for important files and application data
- Ensures users won’t lose their work in-progress
- IT controls what is continuously backed up – Office documents, financial forms, logs, graphic files, etc.
Acronis #CyberFit score for protected devices
The #CyberFit protection score includes the following assessments:
- Anti-malware software is installed
- Backup solution is available
- Firewall is available and enabled
- VPN is enabled and running
- Full disk encryption enabled
- NTLM is restricted for outgoing traffic
Protection for Remote Work Tools
Prioritized patch management and antimalware protection for:
- Skype for Business
Application-aware backup for VMs on Hyper-V
The new application-aware backup of Hyper-V VMs by the Agent for Hyper-V improves the backup and recovery of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services running on Microsoft Hyper-V.
Finalizing the virtual machine running from backup on Hyper-V
While a virtual machine is running from a backup, the virtual disks content is taken directly from its backup. Therefore, the machine will become inaccessible or even corrupted if the connection is lost to the backup location or to the backup agent. You have the option to make this machine permanent, that is, recover all of its virtual disks, along with the changes that occurred while the machine was running, to the datastore that stores these changes. This process is named finalization.
This process is now supported for both ESXi and Hyper-V.
Scale Computing HC3 hypervisor support
- Agent-less backup and recovery for Scale Computing VMs
- Automated remote deployment of Agent for Scale Computing in the form of a virtual appliance
Data protection map (data discovery)
Monitor the protection status of files with classification, reporting and unstructured data analytics.
Image-based backup with valuable, additional data added to backups
Remote device wipe
Helps you prevent data loss from stolen devices.
Updated Cyber Protection Monitor
Displays real-time antivirus protection status.
IMPORTANT Please, remember to uninstall Acronis Cyber Protect 15 Beta before installing Acronis Cyber Protect 15. Upgrade from Beta is not supported.
IMPORTANT If you are planning to use Virtual Host/Universal licenses for protection of VMs by running backup agents inside them (agent-based), make sure to review the following KB article describing the licensing specifics: https://kb.acronis.com/content/67155.
Issues fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect 15 (Builds: 24426 – 24600)
Issues fixed in build 24600 (October 6, 2020)
- [ABR-289055] You cannot browse files and folders inside disks/volumes backups (not "Entire machine" backups) which were created with enabled inclusion/exclusion rules in the "File filters" backup option.
- [SEC-2181] The fix for the "Local privilege escalation was possible due to a DLL injection vulnerability" issue is missing in some additional Acronis components.
Issues fixed in build 24538 (September 29, 2020)
Installation and upgrade
- [PLTFRM-23921] Clicking "Show activity" on old alert inherited from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 shows infinite "Loading..." for activity details, after upgrade to Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
- [PLTFRM-23829] Some names of old "activites" inherited from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 are garbled in Dashboard -> Activities after upgrade to Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
- [ADP-10493] Upgrade of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 agent initiated via backup console may fail with "IncorrectTargetHostName" error in some cases.
- [ABR-290405] Some activities appear with false "pending" status in backup console after upgrade from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.
- [ABR-290239] When using "Create msi and mst files" option in the Acronis Cyber Protect 15 installer, the connection to management server settings are not saved properly in the UI.
- [ABR-290016] Running a separate "Cleanup" plan may fail with "Internal error. Please try again later or contact support" after upgrade from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.
- [ABR-289796] Existing backup plans for Exchange DAG cluster may fail with "InvalidRequest" after upgrade from Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.
- [ABR-289757] Acronis Management Server service fails to start after installation on Windows Server Core.
- [ABR-290940] Login into backup console may hang due to Acronis Monitoring Service slow response in some cases.
- [ABR-290893] "Use a disk cache to accelerate the recovery" (from tapes) recovery option is missing in backup console.
- [ABR-290704] "Weekly", "Daily" and "Hourly" schedule options are missing when configuring backup replication plan from "Plans" section in backup console.
- [ABR-290668] False "Trial has expired" pop-up message appears in backup console in some cases.
- [ABR-290245 + ABR-289774] Incorrect information about assigned licenses is shown in "Licenses" section in backup console in some scenarios which involve "Virtual Host" or "Universal" licenses type.
- [ABR-283927] Web Restore console is unavailable with "You are logged in as Read-Only Administrator" message when using "More ways to recover" option during file-level recovery.
- [ABR-218999] Backup of XenServer 7.6 Windows VM restored as VMware ESXi VM does not boot with 0x7B BSOD if there were PVM drivers installed in the source system.
- [SEC-2181] Local privilege escalation was possible due to a DLL injection vulnerability. The issue was assigned CVE-2020-10138, CVSS score 8.1 (high). We want to thank HackerOne researchers @adr, @mmg, @vanitas, @xnand for reporting this to us.
- [ABR-284823] Improved cipher suites selection for Cockpit web server used in All-in-One Appliance to mitigate vulnerabilities similar to "ROBOT".
Issues fixed in build 24515 (September 21, 2020)
Installation and upgrade
- [PLTFRM-23745] Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Virtual Host license does not remain assigned to the virtual host after upgrade to Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
- [ADP-10356] Acronis Monitoring Service does not automatically start after system reboot, when management server is installed on Linux. As the result, the Dashboard becomes empty in backup console UI.
- [ADP-10297] Agent for Linux: Backup plans statuses become OK after upgrade from 12.5 without preserving the original statuses.
- [ABR-290029] "Devices" -> "Scale Computing" section is missing after upgrade from 12.5 and registration of Agent for Scale Computing.
- [ABR-288295] Credentials for proxy server connection defined in HttpProxy registry branch, become empty after agent upgrade from 12.5. As the result the agent cannot connect to the management server after upgrade.
- [ABR-277495] Installation of the backup agent onto Windows Server 2003 via 'msiexec' causes 'msiexec' to crash.
- [PLTFRM-23597] The "License is required" pop-up notification does not disappear automatically after adding a perpetual license.
- [SDT-1075] An existing Acronis Cyber Backup Standard subscription period cannot be extended (increase or renew quota) by adding a new subscription license of the same type.
- [ABR-287622] The devices list may be empty for Acronis Cyber Protect Advanced/Standard Server subscription license in License -> Settings -> "Apply" dialogue in some cases.
- [ABR-287504] The devices may appear twice (duplicated) in License -> Settings -> Apply dialogue in some cases.
- [ABR-286616] Dashboard -> Overview is not displayed correctly under high load (multiple users connected to backup console) with "Status code: 500 Internal Server Error."
- [ABR-286168] It is not possible for Organization admin to edit a protection plan created by child unit admin.
- [ABR-286154] It is not possible to create a backup location on connected Acronis Cyber Infrastructure storage.
- [ABR-285544] Changes made in "Performance and backup window" -> "Output speed" settings are not applied after editing a protection plan.
- [ABR-285757] Default protection plans list is shown in backup console, while there should be no such list.
- [ADP-10351] "Software Management" -> "Patches" list is empty in child units created under parent Organization.
- [ADP-10344] Threat feed: "Run recommended actions" -> "Backup of unprotected machines" action does not work.
- [ADP-10326] "Microsoft Security Essentials" option in protection plan does not work for 32-bit agents.
- [ADP-10301] It is possible to create 2 protection plans with enabled URL filtering, while it should not.
- [ABR-286602] Protection plan with enabled "Vulnerability assessment" option always fails if there is Acronis Cyber Backup 15 Standard perpetual license used.
- [ABR-287672] Oracle user does not have access to "/var/lib/Acronis/Oracle" path by default which causes application processing script to fail with "Access denied" error.
Issues fixed in build 24426 (September 09, 2020)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect 15 in comparison with Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Update 5.
Installation and upgrade
- [ABR-245958] Agent for Linux installation on CentOS 5.9 fails with "Cannot find package dkms" error.
- [ARC-207] Backup of large amount of data to Acronis cloud may cause excessive RAM consumption by mms process and fail with "Not enough memory" error in some cases.
- [ABR-278284] Login and logout events are not recorded in Activities list.
- [ABR-275420] Agent for Linux: "Backup did not start" alert is falsely triggered in some cases.
- [ABR-274657] The "Unit" column in the Plans > Protection section grid shows "Root" value instead of "Organization" for all plans.
- [ABR-264194] Backup archives created via Bootable Media always get "localhost" in their names instead of actual host name of the machine.
- [ABR-260575] Agent for Mac: file-level backup of specific paths (for example /private/var) always completes with warnings. Access to these files is not possible by design even with "Full disk access" permissions.
- [ABR-260477] After changing the backup format from v11 to v12 in the protection plan settings, backup replication to a cloud storage fails with the error "The archive is invalid or its type is unsupported."
- [ABR-253870] "Backup file name" option does not allow to map newly created backup plan to existing encrypted archives (no option to provide password).
- [ABR-248575] Backup replication plan automatically starts after its schedule has been disabled.
- [ABR-248395] When selecting network folders as source to backup in "What to backup" section of the backup plan, the "invalid item_key: Internal server error." error may appear in some cases.
- [ABR-249704] When changing Daylight Saving Time (DST), scheduled backups may fail with the error "Backup with creation date in future was detected".
- [ABR-249206] "The specified service does not exist as an installed service" error appears when starting AMSAcepReporter.exe task via schedmgr tool.
- [ABR-239739] Agent for Linux: In some cases, the "Entire machine" backup may not include all Linux volumes/partitions
- [ABR-239576] Recovery of files or folders does not skip existing files when the "Overwrite existing file if it is older" option is enabled.
- [ABR-238953] Backup to SFTP immediately fails upon network disconnection without re-try attempts.
- [ABR-238339] EFI boot entries are restored in non-original order if the restored backup contains non-standard EFI boot entries – for example, "Dell OEM partition".
- [ABR-237918] Backup agent cannot be re-added to AMS after it was unregistered if it's running on the same machine.
- [ABR-235902] Recovery of files or folders via acrocmd from a backup in the v11 format fails when using "--file=c:\[folder]\" or "--file=c:\[folder]" syntax, when the [folder] path doesn't exist.
- [ABR-234633] There is no error message shown in backup console when trying to login while AMS service is stopped.
- [ABR-230924] Browsing a network share fails when performed by Agent for Linux or bootable media, if the password contains a comma symbol.
- [ABR-220325] Agent for Mac: Backup does not run on schedule if the scheduling option "Do not start when connected to the following Wi-Fi networks" is enabled, regardless of whether this condition is met or not.
- [ABR-219758] Backup performance may become slower than expected if the archive is created in v12 (default) format and the archive size is more than ~5 TB.
- [ABR-219330] Agent for Linux: A backup of an XFS volume with minor AGFL corruption performed in the sector-by-sector mode if the volume resides on a drive with the 4K sector size.
- [ABR-218410] Files/folders backup from a network share selected as source tries to access this network share without credentials if the "File-level backup snapshot" option is enabled. In some cases, this may result in failures and show the error "Access is denied".
- [ABR-216182] Recovery of disks/volumes fails when the target location for recovery is a removable drive – for example, an external USB drive.
- [ABR-202625] When browsing an encrypted archive via Windows Explorer, the password for the archive is prompted only once. No prompt for password when an archive is closed and re-opened via Windows Explorer.
- [ABR-202548] Agent for Linux: A differential backup of a Linux machine disks/volumes may be of the same size as a full backup in specific cases.
- [ABR-199432] Backup plans do not run on schedule after changing the user under which the "Acronis Managed Machine Service" (MMS) service is running.
- [ABR-168401] Adding the same network share as backup location under 2 or more different "units" causes this backup location to disappear from the "units" it was added before.
- [ABR-139316] Validation of a backup that was created in the v11 format and includes Microsoft Windows Storage Space partition fails with the error "No current partition".
- [ABR-135320] Incorrect "This machine cannot be selected directly." warning appears in bootable media interface when clicking on host in backup source selection.
- [ABR-253768] Editing of an old Exchange DB backup plan may fail with the error "The backup file name does not contain required variables: 'database name'".
- [ABR-234882] Backup of a single SQL database takes too long if the SQL instance contains many databases (100+).
- [ABR-234570] Backup of SQL database fails if there is a space in the database path.
- [ABR-223486] Oracle Explorer tool fails to connect to backup location with "Connection refused" error in some cases.
- [ABR-219577] Agent for Exchange: If the "Maximum Shadow Copy Storage space" limit is configured in the VSS settings, then this limit becomes "UNBOUNDED (100%)" after the backup of an Exchange database.
- [ABR-277063] CSV volumes are put into "Redirected access" mode after installing Acronis Agent for Windows on the CSV owner Hyper-V host included in Microsoft Failover Cluster (Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019).
- [ABR-260431] Backup of Hyper-V virtual machine may fail with the error "Cannot access a released resource." if the backup option "Multi-volume snapshot" is disabled. Disabling this option is not supported for backups of Hyper-V virtual machines.
- [ABR-260173] No warning or alert is generated if a Hyper-V virtual machine backup automatically fails over to a crash-consistent checkpoint due to VSS failure inside the guest OS of the virtual machine – for example when an application-consistent VSS snapshot is not possible.
- [ABR-258334] Recovery of a Hyper-V virtual machine to SMB3 share on Hyper-V Cluster fails if the path is resolved in the 'smb://server/share' format instead of '\\server\share'.
- [ABR-248218] VirtIO drivers are disabled after recovery (restore with reboot) of a KVM-based Windows virtual machine to another virtual machine. Recovery via bootable media is not affected by this issue.
- [ABR-233514] Agent for VMware/Hyper-V: Running a virtual machine from a backup may fail with "Error code: 7 'Disk is not found." in some cases.
- [ABR-228965] Agent for VMware: VMware ESXi VMs are not displayed in the Devices list, if these VMs have a specific text used in "Annotations" (starts with '<' symbol).
- [ABR-212285] If a backup was captured by Agent for Windows from a Windows machine which contains LDM volumes, then recovery (X2V) from this backup performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V (agent-less) may fail with the "Failed to copy the volume." error.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases
- [ABR-204800] Direct SAN Access (LAN-free) mode does not work when Agent for VMware (Windows) is running on Windows Server 2019 and the agent is managing vSphere 6.7 U1 environment
- [ABR-197411] Agent for VMware: Virtual disk changes from the "Thin provisioning" to "Thick provisioning" mode after VM replication when the source VM disks are located on the NFS-backed datastore.
- [ABR-194557] Agent for Hyper-V: A Hyper-V VM backup produces the following warning - "Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is not used because there are disk files that do not belong to any disk snapshot." - if there is a tree of Hyper-V VM checkpoints which includes two or more sibling checkpoints with no common parent.
- [ABR-190721] Agent for VMware: The "The virtual machine may be backed up without using Changed Block Tracking (CBT) because the machine has snapshots." warning is shown after a backup in more cases than it should.
- [ABR-277417] Backup to tape with enabled "Overwrite a tape in the stand-alone tape drive when creating a full backup" option fails in some cases.
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Installation and upgrade
- [ABR-218875] When Acronis Cyber Protect 15 is uninstalled without using "Remove the logs and configuration settings" option and installed under new user, then new backup plans creation would fail with "Windows error: (0x80070005) Access is denied" error.
Solution: Uninstall Acronis Cyber Protect 15 without using "Remove the logs and configuration settings" option and install specifying the same existing user account which was used for the 1st initial installation.
- [ABR-217534] When the backup agent is installed using HTTP proxy it still requires that the hostnames of Acronis Cloud servers (for example "baas-fes-us3.acronis.com") are resolved properly from the agent side, even if DNS redirection is set up within the proxy server.
- [ABR-144289] Deployment of Acronis Backup appliance from OVF template onto ESXi hosts versions 5.1 or lower produces VM with wrong guest OS type: "Other (32-bit)" which causes appliance malfunction.
Solution: Change the guest OS type of the appliance VM to "Other 3.x or later Linux (64-bit)" via vSphere client.
- [ABR-143693] Deployment of Acronis Backup appliance from OVF template does not work when using vSphere Web Client on vCenter version 6.5 U1 build 5973321, since this version of vCenter does not support deployment from OVF templates (only OVA format is supported)
Solution: Prepare the virtual machine for Acronis Backup appliance installation manually as described in documentation and boot it from Acronis Backup appliance ISO to proceed with the installation.
- [ABR-142841] Acronis Backup appliance ISO cannot boot on EFI systems
Solution: use BIOS systems.
- [ABR-142560] Deployment of Acronis Backup appliance from OVF template does not work when using vSphere Host Client on ESXi version 6.5 with error: "A required disk image was missing"
Solution: Either perform OVF deployment using vSphere Web Client instead of vSphere Host Client OR prepare the virtual machine for Acronis Backup appliance installation manually as described in documentation and boot it from Acronis Backup appliance ISO to proceed with the installation.
- [ABR-131165] Simultaneous upgrade of multiple Virtual Appliances in the backup console is not possible.
Solution: update Virtual Appliances one by one.
- [ABR-130409] A machine may not appear on the Devices tab after Acronis Backup agent installation if the Acronis Backup Management Server host name cannot be resolved to IP from the machine where the agent is installed. The following error message appears in the installation log: "Could not resolve host: [HOSTNAME]; Host not found".
Solution: When deploying an agent to a machine use the new GUI option to define the management server registration address which will be used by the agent (host name or IP). Alternatively ensure that the management server is accessible by its host name from the machine with the agent.
- [ABR-130294] Updating or upgrading Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) that was encrypted by using vSphere 6.5 encryption fails. The following error appears: "An encrypted virtual disk device requires an encrypted virtual machine."
Solution: Decrypt the appliance before update or upgrade.
- [ABR-118182] In some cases, installation may hang at 96% for an period of time up to 10-20 minutes because of the Microsoft.VC90.CRT runtime package installation. The main symptom is the Windows Modules Installer (TiWorker.exe) process constantly consuming CPU resources
Backup and recovery
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if this backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-131204] When backing up to a USB flash drive on a machine running Mac OS X and by using the Version 12 backup format, the backup operation may fail.. The following error appears: "Enumerator returned empty archive."
Solution: Re-create the backup plan, with the Backup options > Backup format option set to Version 11.
- [ABR-129997] When creating a backup of a machine running macOS to a locally attached disk formatted in FAT32 or ExFAT, the backup might fail. The following error appears: "Operating system error: Resource temporarily unavailable."
Solution: Format the disk with HFS+ and restart the backup.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
Acronis Storage Node, Acronis Storage and data catalog
IMPORTANT Installation notes: Agent for Windows is always installed with Acronis Storage Node. The agent is required to browse the location contents.
- [ABR-285154] Disk HEAT priority is not preserved when restoring a Scale Computing HC3 VM into a new VM.
- [ABR-272002] Backup of a VM replica created using native Scale Computing HC3 VM replication feature, always fails.
- [ABR-280084] The second incremental conversion of a backup into Hyper-V VM fails with error "Failed to read data from disk" when the target VM storage is on CSV.
- [ABR-279222] The validation of a backup by running it as a VM on an ESXi host fails with error "You do not have access rights to this file".
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-214144] Locally Attached Storage (LAS) connected to Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) is available as target for VM files (.vhdx/.vmdk) generated by "Convert to VM" feature, while it should not.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases.
- [ABR-206645] Backup of Hyper-V VM which has PMEM disk attached fails with "Error occurred during a request for the parameter" error.
- [ABR-204800] Direct SAN Access (LAN-free) mode does not work when Agent for VMware (Windows) is running on Windows Server 2019 and the agent is managing vSphere 6.7 U1 environment
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V VM fails with "Failed to get the disk information." error if the virtual disk has an ampersand symbol in the .VHD file name.
Solution: fix the .VHD file name by removing the associated virtual disk from VM configuration and re-adding it after renaming
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks. Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-169367] Backup of ESXi VM template using SAN hardware snapshots fails with "Failed to get the used disk areas on the storage. There is no snapshot for the virtual machine disk" error.
Solution: Disable "SAN hardware snapshots" option in Backup Options
- [ABR-163080] VMware VDDK HotAdd transport mode is disabled when Agent for VMware (Windows) is installed on non-server version of Windows, e.g. Windows 7/8/10.
- [ABR-144733 + ABR-235983] Agentless backup of Linux VMs any "Policy rules" except "[Disk #]", for example such as "/dev/sda1", does not work.
Solution: Perform Entire Machine backup or use [Disk #] policy rules.
- [ABR-137883] Recovery of a Gen2 Hyper-V VM with enabled Secure boot option into original location finishes with warning: "Secure Boot has been disabled in the recovered virtual machine. If required, enable it manually.". Disabling Secure boot during recovery is done intentionally to guarantee proper VM boot up.
Solution: follow the recommendation described in the warning.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-133681] A backup of an ESXi virtual machine fails if all of the following conditions are met: the backup is performed by Agent for VMware (Windows), the agent is installed in a non-English Windows, and Acronis Managed Machine Service is running under a system account whose name is localized. The following error appears: "You do not have access rights to this file."
Solution: Uninstall Agent for VMware (Windows) and install it again. Set the user for Acronis services to some existing user or use the Create new user option instead of the default one.
- [ABR-126058] ESXi host devices cannot be added to a group: the Add to group command is unavailable.
- [ABR-125426] Canceling a running activity, like a virtual machine recovery, validation plan execution, or replication plan execution may fail. The following error appears: "An activity with ID = '[ID]' cannot be found."
- [ABR-121704; ABR-90170] The backup percentage status in the Status column on the Devices tab may show invalid percentage (>100%) when backing up more than one virtual machine in a single backup plan and when the backup is performed by Agent for VMware (Windows).
- [ABR-120840] ESXi host configuration backups ignore the GFS and Custom backup schemes selected in the backup plan. As a result, full backups are created instead of incremental and differential ones.
- [ABR-118715] VMware vSphere virtual machine backup may fail if names of the ESXi hosts registered in vCenter cannot be resolved to IP addresses by Acronis Backup agent (Virtual Appliance or Windows agent), even if the vCenter host name can be resolved properly. The following error appears: "You do not have access rights to this file."
Solution: Configure network settings at the Acronis Backup agent, by configuring the DNS or modifying the /etc/hosts file, to allow name resolution to work properly. To verify if the ESXi host can be resolved, run the following command on the machine with the backup agent: ping <ESXi host name>.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan execution may fail in unstable network environments even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots, due to a Microsoft limitation (inability to create production checkpoints for Linux virtual machines).
- [ABR-96496] Acronis Backup Agent for VMware (Windows) disables Windows NFS server functions when installed on Windows Server 2012, due to the ports conflict.
Solution: Deploy Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) to the target ESX host or install Agent for VMware (Windows) on another machine with the NFS server functionality disabled.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-122309; ABR-127970] The information about application items is missing from the data catalog.
- [ABR-120853] Recovering Microsoft Exchange 2007 mailboxes fails if the target Microsoft Exchange version is 2010 or higher. The following error appears: "An invalid type of the target URI."
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.