Agent for Windows XP SP2 supports only the 32-bit version of Windows XP SP2.
To protect machines running Windows XP SP1 (x64), Windows XP SP2 (x64), or Windows XP SP3 (x86), use the regular Agent for Windows.
Agent for Windows XP SP2 requires an Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 license. Acronis Cyber Protect 15 license keys are not supported.
Agent for Windows XP SP2 requires at least 550 MB of disk space and 150 MB of RAM. While backing up, the agent typically consumes about 350 MB of memory. The peak consumption may reach 2 GB, depending on the amount of data being processed.
Agent for Windows XP SP2 can be installed only locally on the machine that you want to back up. To download the agent setup program, click the account icon in the top-right corner, and then click Downloads > Agent for Windows XP SP2.
Cyber Protect Monitor and Bootable Media Builder cannot be installed. To download the bootable media ISO file, click the account icon in the top-right corner > Downloads > Bootable media.
Agent for Windows XP SP2 does not support the remote update functionality. To update the agent, download the new version of the setup program, and then repeat the installation.
If you updated Windows XP from SP2 to SP3, uninstall Agent for Windows XP SP2, and then install the regular Agent for Windows.
- Only disk-level backup is available. Individual files can be recovered from a disk or volume backup.
- Schedule by events is not supported.
- Conditions for protection plan execution are not supported.
Only the following backup destinations are supported:
- Cloud storage
- Local folder
- Network folder
- Secure Zone
- The Version 12 backup format and the features that require the Version 12 backup format are not supported. In particular, physical data shipping is not available. The Performance and backup window option, if enabled, applies only the green-level settings.
- Selection of individual disks/volumes for recovery and manual disk mapping during a recovery are not supported in the web interface. This functionality is available under bootable media.
- Off-host data processing is not supported.
Agent for Windows XP SP2 cannot perform the following operations with backups:
- Converting backups to a virtual machine
- Mounting volumes from a backup
- Extracting files from a backup
- Export and manual validation of a backup.
You can perform these operations by using another agent.
- Backups created by Agent for Windows XP SP2 cannot be run as a virtual machine.