Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0
Release date: March 2020
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- The Backup and Disaster Recovery service evolved into Cyber Protection – the first complete cyber protection solution that integrates backup, disaster recovery, AI-based protection against malware and ransomware, remote management, and security tools.
- Backup and recovery. Fast and reliable recovery of your applications, systems, and data on any device, from any incident.
- Anti-malware Protection. Next-generation, full-stack protection against malware; plus AI-based ransomware and cryptomining detection.
- Security controls. Comprehensive and simple endpoint management via a toolkit that saves IT resources.
Introducing Cyber Protection
- Protection plan – a new way to cover all layers of data protection
- Anti-malware Protection
- URL filtering
- Vulnerability assessment
- Patch management
- Data protection map (data discovery)
- Windows Defender Antivirus management
- Microsoft Security Essentials management
- Autodiscovery and remote installation
Simplify the simultaneous installation of multiple agents in the cloud and on-premise.
- Network-based discovery
- Active Directory-based discovery
- Importing a list of machines from a file
- Automatic applying of protection plans
- Batch remote installation of agents by using the discovery wizard
- Vulnerability assessment
- Scan for vulnerabilities
- Prioritize vulnerabilities by severity (from Critical to Low)
- Implement dedicated patch cycles, based on vendor releases and updates
- When critical vulnerabilities are found – for example, WannaCry – respond to and remediate them
- Vulnerability and patch management database updated on a daily basis
- Local network traffic optimization by using peer-to-peer update technology
- Windows and Linux support
- Patch management
Fix the issue before the issue happens.
- Automatic approval of patches
- Deployment on a schedule
- Manual deployment
- Flexible reboot and maintenance window options
- Staged deployment
- Support for patch management of Microsoft and third-party software on Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Anti-malware Protection
Full stack anti-malware protection.
- Real-time protection against malware
- Cryptomining process detection
- Ransomware detection
- On-demand scanning
- Self-protection – protect Acronis components (registry, service stopping, Acronis file protecting)
- Network folder protection – protect the data in a shared folder against ransomware on your machine
- Server-side protection – protect the data in a shared folder against ransomware in your network
- Quarantine and automatic removal of quarantined files
- URL filtering. Control access to malicious URLs
URL filtering allows you to permit or deny access to specific websites, based on information contained in a URL list.
- HTTP/HTTPS interceptor
- Black/white lists for URLs
- Payload analysis for malicious URLs
- Next generation continuous data protection
- Define the list of critical applications that you use often. The protection agent monitors every change that is made in the listed applications. In the case of an incident, you can restore the data from the last backup to the latest state, so no data is lost.
- Choose files for continuous protection out of the data selected for backup. The software will back up every change of these files. You will be able to revert these files to the latest state.
- Scan backups for malware in Acronis Cyber Cloud
- Scanning of disk backups in the cloud, in order to detect malware infections
- Safe recovery
Safe recovery allows you to restore an OS image without the malware found in it, to avoid reinfection after recovery.
- Smart protection plan
Perform smart remediation actions based on security alerts from Acronis Cyber Protection Operations Centers (CPOC).
- Safe patching
Create a backup with the current backup settings before each installation of software updates/patches.
- Forensic backup
Back up memory dumps and create a snapshot of running processes that might be useful for future analysis.
- Remote desktop
- Allows you to assist users and manage their machines remotely
- Reach systems that are located in a private network. No need to change the firewall settings or to establish additional VPN tunnels. Outgoing connections (443 port) are used.
- Disk health monitoring
Proactively track disk health status, before an issue happens.
- Data protection map (data discovery)
Provides information about whether the important files were backed up or not.
- Corporate whitelist
Scan backups with anti-malware technologies (such as AI, behavioral heuristics, etc.) to whitelist corporate applications and significantly reduce false positives in the future.
- Flexible monitoring and reporting
- Disk health monitoring (HDD, SSD) uses a combination of machine learning (ML) and reports about S.M.A.R.T. parameters, drive size, drive vendor, and more, to predict disk failures; and allows for quick identification of possible problems
- Active alert control
- Missing updates control
- Customizable dashboard widgets
- Quick access to the management actions
- Antivirus management: Windows Defender Antivirus or Microsoft Security Essentials
- Enforce settings across multiple machines
- Ensure that antivirus definitions are up to date on all machines
- Collect all detection events and display them in the management console
- Sell more
Promote advanced, and thus more expensive, editions of the Cyber Protection service by showing the additional functionality to customers.
- Various UX improvements
- Primary servers now support up to 10 virtual hard disk drives
- The Cyber Protection service introduces three new editions:
- Cyber Protect – Standard Edition
Provides basic backup and recovery, along with an advanced cyber protection functionality. It is mainly designed for small environments.
- Cyber Protect – Advanced Edition
Provides advanced backup and recovery, along with an advanced cyber protection functionality. It is mainly designed for big environments.
- Cyber Protect – Disaster Recovery Edition
Provides advanced backup and recovery, disaster recovery, along with an advanced cyber protection functionality. It is mainly designed for big environments and companies that have high requirements for the Recovery Time Objective.
- Previously available editions are now renamed
- Backup Standard Edition was renamed to Cyber Backup – Standard Edition
- Backup Advanced Edition was renamed to Cyber Backup – Advanced Edition
- Disaster Recovery Edition was renamed to Cyber Backup – Disaster Recovery Edition
- API clients
API clients are replacing the standard authentication mechanism – user name and password – and providing a more secure and convenient way to access the Acronis Cyber Cloud API.
- The API client allows access to the publicly available Acronis Cyber Cloud APIs:
- Account Management API
- Cyber Protection alert service API
- File Sync & Share API
- Notary API
- The API client is not related to a user account. The API client is compatible with two-factor authentication (2FA). Management of API clients is available on all tenant levels, including partner and customer levels. All API client related activities are written in the audit log.
- Branding management in Account Management APIv2
In order to simplify the integrations, we provide branding management functionality in APIv2, such as customization of color schemes, logotype, and various URLs.
The following endpoints are now available in Account Management APIv2:
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-260153] Logout from the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console ends with the error "Internal error 500", instead of returning to the main login screen.
- [ABR-259716] The "Virtual Machines" quota is not released from a virtual machine if the backup plan was revoked or the virtual machine was deleted from the hypervisor.
- [ABR-259689] Plug-in for cPanel: In rare cases, the cPanel detection script executed during the installation of the protection agent may not work.
- [ABR-259276] ConnectWise Automate integration: An incorrect description for some alerts is returned in the GET /bc/api/ams/alerts API request.
- [ABR-257223] A protection plan with the Physical Data Shipping option enabled cannot be applied to an agent if the offering item 'Local backup' is disabled.
- [ABR-256949] When accessed from a partner tenant, the service console shows a reduced amount of virtual machine instances, which causes scrolling to fail to load additional virtual machines, in the case that there are two or more child tenants that report the same virtual machine IDs (for example, the same ESXi host/vCenter is registered under two or more child tenants).
- [ABR-256887] Mounting an archive via "trueimagemnt --mount-cmd" from the cloud fails when performed by Agent for Linux, thus causing Plug-in for Plesk to fail when trying to show the list of recovery points via the Plesk control panel.
- [ABR-256885] In some cases, the "Backup status is unknown" alert is not cleared up automatically when it is no longer valid.
- [ABR-256608] It is not possible to rename cloud locations in the service console.
- [ABR-255906] In some cases, deleting protection plans does not clear all of the traces from the platform database, which then causes incorrect backup statuses (for example, the "Next backup" date is in the past) and/or "Backup is missing" alerts.
- [ABR-254593] In some cases, the registration via token fails with the error "405 Not Allowed", when performed by the Agent for Windows installer.
- [ABR-254535] Agent for Linux service (mms) fails to start on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 after installation.
- [ABR-254512] Agent for Linux loses the assigned "Virtual Machine" or "Server" quotas after re-registering it manually or via the "RegisterAgent" tool.
- [ABR-254475] Devices view: Filtering or sorting devices by "Status" shows improper details in other columns (for example, "Next backup") in some cases.
- [ABR-254286] E-mail notifications are not properly delivered in some cases when platform services are restarted on the back-end.
- [ABR-253366] The "Detected threats" report cannot be downloaded or exported.
- [ABR-253020] Some Agent for Linux binaries and configuration files have excessive permissions after installation.
- [ABR-252225] Backup to Local storage fails with an incorrect error when the "Local Storage" feature is disabled for a specific account.
- [ABR-251878] It is not possible to enable the Application protection option while editing an existing protection plan in which this option was disabled originally.
- [ABR-251793] It is not possible to edit a protection plan if one or more of the resources to which it was applied were unregistered before updating the agent.
- [ABR-251436] Localized e-mail notifications may contain alert descriptions in English for specific messages.
- [ABR-251371] Scheduled discovery of Microsoft Office 365 resources fails with the "Failed to get an error message from the back-end service" error in some cases that are related to a particular Microsoft Office 365 account configuration.
- [ABR-250537 + ABR-248817] Agent for Linux: if an installation is performed with the "--register-with-credentials" parameter, then credentials are temporarily visible in 'ps' outputs while the installation is in progress.
- [ABR-250059] The alert "Backup is missing" – "No successful backups have been performed by the protection plan for more than X days." appears after the plan was revoked from all devices.
- [ABR-254409] Loading the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console finishes with the message "The server is not available at the moment. Please try again later." in some cases.
- [ABR-249987] After an activity is canceled, it remains in the "Cancelling" state forever if the agent was disconnected from the management server (unregistered or lost connection) and became out of sync.
- [ABR-249917] Plug-in for Plesk and cPanel: the recovery points list does not show old backups after a protection plan is re-created by using the same archive as destination.
- [ABR-249872] It is not possible to add a Microsoft Office 365 account in the service console when the quota is set to "Office 365 SharePoint Online" only.
- [ABR-249066] "Backup storage" tab: Rarely, Cloud backup locations may be duplicated with their names shown with different capitalization (for example, "Vault" and "vault"), which results in improper storage consumption calculations and other consequences.
- [ABR-248824] The protection plan name in Devices grid ("Plan" column) may not be updated properly after the plan name was edited.
- [ABR-248608] Dynamic groups based on the "osProductType" search criteria do not list devices properly.
- [ABR-245880] The Agent for Linux/Mac service (mms) crashes on Linux/Mac machines if it contains volumes placed on disks with a native 4k sector size.
- [ABR-243358] Plug-in for Plesk: disabling and re-enabling an existing protection plan via the Plesk panel UI will result in creating a new protection plan instead of applying the old plan, thus causing a new full backup to be created if the original plan was created prior to the update to 8.0.
- [ABR-237345] The daily status report is sent twice to the same recipient – one for the administrator account and the second for the tenant group.
- [ABR-228973] The Agent for Linux installer does not warn about a broken smb client in specific Oracle Linux kernels versions.
- [ABR-228422] Sizes of the archives stored in the cloud are not re-calculated quick enough after retention in some cases, so they may appear as growing despite retention.
- [ABR-223716] In some cases, the Acronis Managed Machine Service (MMS) may crash after installation of Agent for Windows.
- [ABR-223405] In some cases, the "Original data size" for archives may show 0 bytes while browsing Backups storage > Locations, until clicking the "Refresh" icon.
- [ABR-215835] The default log rotation rules store logs only for 4-5 days instead of 30 days.
- [ABR-210218] Protected devices/resources on monitoring dashboards and reports may stick in improper states in some cases, for example, incorrect "Last successful backup" or other values.
- [ABR-147938] An incorrect message is displayed when trying to log in to the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, when using a disabled user account.
- [ABR-139316] Validation of a backup that was created in the v11 format and includes Microsoft Windows Storage Space partition fails with the error "No current partition".
Backup and recovery
- [ABR-240148] The protection plan applied to the application resources (Exchange/SQL DB) does not consume the "Server" quota. It is consumed only when the plan is applied to the machine that hosts the corresponding application.
- [ABR-259125] The "Items to back up" section is reset in the "Disks/volumes" protection plan if you add an additional machine to the plan.
- [ABR-248833] The date in the "Next backup" column in the Devices grid resets to "Not scheduled" after modifying protection a plan that uses the "Upon time since last backup" schedule type.
- [ABR-254722] "Upon time since last backup" schedule works incorrectly: backups may be running more often than expected if the plan was executed manually in addition to the original schedule.
- [ABR-239739] In some cases, the "Entire machine" backup may not include all Linux volumes/partitions.
- [ABR-235902] Recovery of files or folders via acrocmd from a backup in the v11 format fails when using "--file=c:\[folder]\" or "--file=c:\[folder]" syntax, when the [folder] path doesn't exist.
- [ABR-243823] Machine goes into sleep/hibernate mode during backup, even if the "Prevent the sleep or hibernate mode during backup" option is enabled.
- [ABR-247418] The backup validation time is different for backups validated in the primary and the secondary backup location.
- [ABR-239576] Recovery of files or folders does not skip existing files when the "Overwrite existing file if it is older" option is enabled.
- [ABR-260477] After changing the backup format from v11 to v12 in the protection plan settings, backup replication to a cloud storage fails with the error "The archive is invalid or its type is unsupported."
- [ABR-253768] Editing of an old Exchange DB backup plan may fail with the error "The backup file name does not contain required variables: 'database name'".
- [ABR-253558] The backup option "Task failure handling" > "Restart a failed task" does not work for Linux machines (including Agent for Virtuozzo) if the backup failed due to machine reboot.
- [ABR-251767] Bootable media fails to browse an archive that contains too many backups (1000+).
- [ABR-254782] Users cannot change their credentials for the network shares selected as source for files or folders backup.
- [ABR-216182] Recovery of disks/volumes fails when the target location for recovery is a removable drive – for example, an external USB drive.
- [ABR-234882] The backup of a single SQL database takes too long if the SQL instance contains many databases (100+).
- [ABR-249704] When changing Daylight Saving Time (DST), scheduled backups may fail with the error "Backup with creation date in future was detected".
- [ABR-256880 + ABR-256719] Cloud-to-cloud backups of Office 365 data may fail with the error "failed to post archives: No more retries available. Retries count or timeout exceeded".
- [ABR-257690] It is not possible to edit "What to backup" in any "Disks/Volumes" protection plan when some of the previously selected volumes are missing or deleted.
- [ABR-142455] In the service console, the "Next backup" date is not changed when a backup by schedule was expectedly skipped due to applied start conditions.
- [ABR-257489] In some cases, the local agent for Microsoft Office 365 may fail to recover data from specific backups. The following warning is displayed: "agent installed on machine cannot recover data of type.''
- [ABR-230524] When using bootable media, recovery of a large number of files (100,000+) from a disk/volume backup to a volume formatted in "ext4" is slower than expected.
- [ABR-256868] In a protection plan, selecting new "Items to back up", while previously selected items are still loading, resets the selection. This problem affects scenarios where multiple different items are selected for backup.
- [ABR-238339] EFI boot entries are restored in non-original order if the restored backup contains non-standard EFI boot entries – for example, "Dell OEM partition".
- [ABR-239941] A target folder is not created automatically during backup to the location of the "Defined by script" type on a network share.
- [ABR-258805] Google Drive backup: backup completes with the warning "Cannot back up file '[file name]' because MIME type 'application/vnd.google-apps.drive-sdk.7081045131' is not supported."
- [ABR-233129] G Suite backup: Backup of a calendar event with an attachment completes with the warning "Cannot back up file without fileID".
- [ABR-251790] Backup of an SQL instance fails if it contains a database that is located on unavailable storage (disconnected drive).
- [ABR-217472] Agent for Linux: running backups on schedule depends on crontab and incorrect settings there may prevent backups from starting. Solution: remove dependency on crontab.
- [ABR-216936] Backup to specific NAS device models using the backup format v12 may fail with the warning "Access is denied". This is caused by bad handling of file locks on specific NAS devices.
- [ABR-218410] Files/folders backup from a network share selected as source tries to access this network share without credentials if the "File-level backup snapshot" option is enabled. In some cases, this may result in failures and show the error "Access is denied".
- [PLTFRM-18956] In Windows 10 Professional, the message "Device has no quota to apply backup plan" is shown on an attempt to start an SQL backup.
- [ABR-223520] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with unsupported options to a MacOS machine, without warnings.
- [ABR-220325] Backup does not run on schedule if the scheduling option "Do not start when connected to the following Wi-Fi networks" is enabled, regardless of whether this condition is met or not.
- [ABR-260431] Backup of Hyper-V virtual machine may fail with the error "Cannot access a released resource." if the backup option "Multi-volume snapshot" is disabled. Disabling this option is not supported for backups of Hyper-V virtual machines.
- [ABR-260173] No warning or alert is generated if a Hyper-V virtual machine backup automatically fails over to a crash-consistent checkpoint due to VSS failure inside the guest OS of the virtual machine – for example when an application-consistent VSS snapshot is not possible.
- [ABR-258334] Recovery of a Hyper-V virtual machine to SMB3 share on Hyper-V Cluster fails if the path is resolved in the 'smb://server/share' format instead of '\\server\share'.
- [ABR-249476] Virtuozzo virtual machines and containers in the "Suspended" or "Mounted" states are shown as "Running" in the service console.
- [ABR-248218] VirtIO drivers are disabled after recovery (restore with reboot) of a KVM-based Windows virtual machine to another virtual machine. Recovery via bootable media is not affected by this issue.
- [ABR-231376] In some cases, recovery to a new virtual machine on VMware ESXi fails with the message "Invalid configuration for device '0'".
- [PLTFRM-20185] An existing protection plan for Virtuozzo containers failed to run with the Virtual Machine quota on Plesk.
- [DRAAS-18903] A recovery server cannot be deleted in the "Ready for failback" state.
- [DRAAS-19599] An incorrect error message is shown when registering the VPN appliance.
- [DRAAS-18859] The localized text is not properly formatted on the Connectivity tab.
- [ABR-242947] The network interface is missing for a virtual machine that was run from a backup on the VMware vSphere 6.7 hypervisor.
- [PLTFRM-19472] For the Dashboard and Reports pages, localization into Japanese is partial.
- [PLTFRM-15273] Sorting by total usage sorts only the pre-loaded tenants on 9.0 Beta1 stand.
- [PLTFRM-14902] The Management portal and the Service console show different information about the occupied storage size.
- [PLTFRM-18077] Cloud backup storage cannot be disabled in one edition if it is used in another edition.
- [PLTFRM-19491] After login to the Service console, the error "Tenant with ID XXXXX was deleted" is shown , even though this tenant exists.
- [PLTFRM-2412] In some cases, the Audit log is not loaded.
- [PLTFRM-18831] [PLTFRM-1686] Office 365 mailbox backups stuck queued in EU1 data center.
- [PLTFRM-14365] Storage usage is shown as zero if the storage is re-registered.
- [PLTFRM-11881] Storage usage is not zeroed after turning off the Backup service.
- [PLTFRM-14444] In some cases, the storage usage is incorrectly calculated for tenant in US2 datacenter.
- [PLTFRM-2704] Support longer sessions for users who are away for more than seven days.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-239197] The protection plan with the enabled Physical Data Shipping option cannot be run if the "Local backup" offering item is disabled for a tenant.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-133689] Acronis MMS fails to start on the latest version of CentOS 7 that uses the 3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64 kernel version, due to the specific kernel bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1463241.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-106790] The service console is not shown properly on mobile devices.
- [ABR-252829] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if this backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-221210] An application-aware agent-less VM backup fails with the "Internal error: Failed to find file 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AcronisGuestService\output.xml'" error, due to a false positive detection of the Acronis "app_detect.exe" binary as "SONAR.Susplnject!gen5" malware by Norton Security Deluxe and/or Symantec Endpoint Protection antiviruses installed inside the virtual machine.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases.
- [ABR-204800] Agent for VMware (Windows) installed on Windows Server 2019 cannot use the "Direct SAN Access" backup mode if it is connected to VMware vSphere version 6.7 and the datastore is connected via iSCSI.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks. Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A missing backup alert is activated even if a backup is not scheduled.
- [ABR-104081] The replication plan for a virtual machine from one ESX host to another ESX host fails if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots, due to a Microsoft limitation (inability to create production checkpoints for Linux virtual machines).
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [DRAAS-18280] “Backing up activity” is duplicated for cloud servers.
- [DRAAS-18381] Deleting a recovery server sometimes fails with UnknownError.
- [DRAAS-19629] The request to create a protection plan sometimes is incorrectly shown during recovery server creation, even though a plan is applied. Solution: refresh the page.
- [DRAAS-19598] CentOS 8 with the XFS file system is not supported.
- [DRAAS-19563] Backup schedule date and time for primary and recovery servers are saved and executed in the UTC time zone.
- [DRAAS-16973] Sometimes typed characters are incorrectly recognized by the cloud server console.
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-6939] Sending acceptance of the privacy statement to the platform should be possible.
- [ASRV-6885] An old welcome screen is shown for a newly created user in the case that all Legal links are deleted in Branding of the parent tenant.
- [ASRV-6826] Updating or setting legal branding is not applied to File Sync & Share if a child tenant was created before branding was enabled for the parent partner (unless forced).
The maximum file size for an upload via the web interface is 1 gigabyte.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page does not support screen resolution of 1024 pixels or less in width.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off the administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] (Aсtive Directory Connector) Mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-159085] A broken page is shown after login to the Backup app for Android.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-4] It is possible to create a tenant with the name having only spaces.
- [PLTFRM-2335][PLTFRM-19133] The Audit log is not loaded after drill-down to a child tenant in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.