Release notes for Acronis Backup Cloud
Release date: January 24, 2017
With this update, the Acronis flagship backup product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in the previous releases.
- Increased performance and stability:
- Improved client-side performance
- Increased cloud platform stability
- Improved visibility to protection with daily backup status reports:
- Backups that missed schedule
- Includes warnings and alerts triggered
- Account Management Server (build #862)
- Management Console (build #7064)
- Backup Management Server (build #4836)
- Web Console Service (build #2994)
- Backup Console (build #7026)
- Archive Reader (build #401)
- Web Restore (build #441)
- Postie (build #37)
- Stats Server (build #62)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-104004] In the preview of contacts from a Microsoft Exchange Server data backup, the Business address field shows duplicated full name and sometimes "FAX".
- [ABR-88247] Search by device name on the Activities tab is case-sensitive.
- [ABR-113750] Signing in to the mobile application with the correct credentials fails. The following error appears: "401 Access allowed only for registered users."
- [ABR-108012] Under certain conditions, email notification settings appear in the backup console.
- [ABR-115461] Activating an account with a changed email address fails. The following error appears: "This account has already been activated."
- [ABR-113924] After a virtual machine is run from a backup with Power state set to Off and then is deleted, during next "Run as VM" operations the console still shows Off while in fact the parameter value is On. Pressing F5 helps to view the real value.
- [ABR-113283] Unexpected "The backup did not start as scheduled for an unknown reason" alert is shown for a started backup.
- [ABR-106769] Tooltips are not shown for long location names on the Backups tab.
- [ABR-106491] Long names of virtual machines are truncated on the Run as VM pane.
- [ABR-111290] In some cases, a backup of Office 365 mailboxes fails. The following error appears: "The specified file does not exist."
- [ABR-111322] When the user attempts to log in by using the credentials of a disabled account, the error appears only after the second click on the Sign in button.
- [ABR-112728] The sorting of contacts within backups of mobile devices is case-sensitive.
- Backup of mobile devices does not work for Service Providers with on-premise Acronis Storage.
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-90181] Deleting archives of virtual machines and applications from the cloud storage fails. The following error appears: "Failed to lock the file."
- [ABR-104293] A virtual machine run from a backup of a physical machine is not bootable if the backup contains logical volumes managed by LDM (in Windows) or LVM (in Linux).
- [ABR-103714] Volume letters shown in the web interface may be incorrect when browsing files and folders inside a disk-level backup of a virtual machine. As a result, file recovery to the original location does not work.
- [ABR-103367] Installation of Agent for Linux on a Windows Azure virtual machine running CentOS 7.0 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 is shown as failed ("Failed to install the required packages by using YUM."), while in fact it completes successfully and the installed Agent for Linux works properly.
- [ABR-102994] Backing up an ESXi host configuration to the cloud storage fails. The following error appears: "Failed to create a backup archive."
Solution: Back up to any other supported location, i.e. to a local or a network folder.
- [ABR-101504] In some cases, it is not possible to browse individual files or volumes when selecting the backup source.
Solution: Refresh the backup console by pressing F5.
- [ABR-85622] Downloading files from the cloud storage is slow.
- [ABR-83155] The backup progress is shown incorrectly when the folder selected to back up contains more than 200 subfolders.
- It is not possible to use the same Office 365 global administrator credentials for two different Customer groups.
- [ABR-107127] It is not possible to recover an entire mailbox by using the Backups tab.
- [ABR-72306] A machine with Agent for Office 365 installed is shown on the All devices tab, even if Agent for Windows is not installed on that machine.
- [ABR-107490] The Bytes saved field in the backup activity details shows values without compression, for Office 365 mailboxes.
- [ABR-115270] The [All Profiles Folder] template for file-level backups does not support a custom profile path on Mac and Linux.