Release notes for Acronis Data Cloud 7.8 Update 1
Release date: November 12, 2018
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- New offering item for Plesk and cPanel backup: Web hosting servers
Allows backing up Linux-based physical and virtual servers running Plesk or cPanel control panels
- Error messaging improvements
A number of common error messages were improved with contextual information or troubleshooting tips.
- Account Management Server (v. 3.10.1101)
- Management Console (v. 11.9453)
- Account Router (v. 1.0.60)
- Account Management Server RAML documentation (v. 7.8.145)
- Postie (v. 3.0.206)
- Statistics Server (v. 3.10.221)
- Account Data Control (v. 3.0.128)
- Reporting Service (v. 3.10.400)
- API Gateway (v. 8.10.424)
- Audit Service (v. 2.1.80)
- Backup Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.12210)
- Backup Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.12210)
- Backup Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.12210)
- Backup Agent for Office 365 (v. 1.1.266)
- Backup Management Server (AMS) (v. 12.3.5827)
- Backup Account Server (v. 8.10.441)
- Web Console Service (v. 12.3.5827)
- Backup Console (v. 12.3.5815)
- Archive Reader (v. 8.0.1160)
- Web Restore (v. 10.0.50308)
- Backup Policy Manager (v. 0.1.3.139)
- Backup Resource Manager (v. 0.1.1.60)
- Backup Vault Manager (v. 220.127.116.115)
- Backup Scheduler (v. 18.104.22.168)
- Provisioning Manager (v. 1.0.30)
- Task Manager (v. 2.0.195)
File Sync & Share service
- Files Sync & Share Server (v. 22.214.171.1244)
- Files Sync & Share Preview Servlet (v. 1.0.50)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-199372] Usage information was not collected after 6 hours.
- [ABR-185018] Account Server Users REST API "include_hidden" parameter does not work.
- [ABR-133543] The "Report will not be send. No data available for the specified period" error is shown when the user selects a report that can be received.
- [ABR-136702] Partner administrator's contact info is displayed incorrectly if there is a long text without spaces.
- [ABR-191841] It is impossible to unlock moved tenants.
- [ABR-192805] IP limitations do not work in units.
- [ABR-196499] Empty error message is shown for POST /applications/[uuid]/bindings/tenants/[uuid].
- [ABR-197474] Empty "Sender" header in emails.
- [ABR-201649] Backup of OneDrive sometimes fails with error "Could not download OneDrive's file content: Error: 403".
- [ABR-201617] HTTP 500 error is received while backing up and browsing a SharePoint backup.
- [ABR-201414] Leaked connections to RabbitMQ.
- [ABR-201413] Need to limit size of bin_data for the event table.
- [ABR-200673] Archives with BackupLocation deleted before 7.8 counted in local usage.
- [ABR-200551] Unexpected errors in ASC logs "ASC request failed: storage request timeout".
- [ABR-200238] Endless "Access denied" errors when deleting recovery points from shared folder.
- [ABR-199995] UDP ports publicly opened after agent installation and during backup.
- [ABR-199955] service_process crashed on deduplication map merge.
- [ABR-199289] Backup fails with error message 'Cannot back up the contents of ''.' when deleting files or folders.
- [ABR-199278] ZmqGw does not work if it fails to bind to its address on start.
- [ABR-199139] Backup failed for SharePoint site, huge memory utilization, 16GB of RAM taken.
- [ABR-199016] Unable to browse mailboxes in a backup if the Exchange database was created with lowercase letters in the disk name.
- [ABR-198556] WinPE media reports its version in incorrect format.
- [ABR-198305] System State backup fails with "Windows error: (0x80070003) The system cannot find the path specified" if the system disk ID was changed.
- [ABR-198219] Need to increase the time of polling the list of containers.
- [ABR-197637] Missing item protections for O365 and VMs.
- [ABR-197002] Backup is not started with enabled option "If the machine is turned off, run missed tasks at the machine startup".
- [ABR-196786] Sometimes Agent for Linux reports itself as an ATIH agent.
- [ABR-196377] Group sharepoint backup plan fails due to consumption of memory.
- [ABR-196155] SNAPCTL_GETSPARSEDMAP returns incorrect bitmap for ext4 volumes that are larger than 16TB.
- [ABR-195848] File recovery to a custom location actually recovers the file with it's root folder, but only if the file was directly chosen to recover.
- [ABR-195181] In the single volume mode with chains, the space is not reused after retention.
- [ABR-187636] Registration of Agent for Hyper-V on the management server fails: registration tool gets 503 error with message "405 method not allowed".
- [ABR-196630] Backup and restore of large SharePoint sites is unstable.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-138058] Backup notifications stop sending after de-provisioning and re-provisioning of the "Backup & Disaster Recovery" role to a user.
- [ABR-136386] A redirect to the branded URL happens after clicking "Manage accounts" button in Backup Console, administrator came from non-branded URL originally.
- [ABR-137822] The "Manage service" button on the Overview page does not redirect to the branded File Sync & Share address.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page layout looks garbled for a screen resolution of 1024 pixels (width) or less.
- [ABR-137481] Email notifications that a quota is almost exceeded are not sent.
- [ABR-137456] It is possible to create a tenant with only spaces in the name.
- [ABR-136810] Unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified as the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-134228] An unclear error message is shown when a tenant is moved move if a tenant with the same name already exists in the new parent.
- [ABR-201423] Cannot unregister the client in the account server.
- [ABR-199327] New infrastructure is not enabled for a tenant after the storage migration steps execution.
- [ABR-195166] Clients are not removed from mailing lists after trial expiration.
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182941] ZmqGw may crash with an exception in agent build 5544.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally-attached storage (LAS) to the new virtual appliance.
- [ABR-115270] "[All Profiles Folder]" template in file level backup doesn't support custom profile path.
- [ABR-86803] Native support for NTFS deduplication is not available.
- [ABR-104081] Replication plan for VM from one ESX host to another ESX host fails while the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-121308] The "Upon time since last backup" schedule does not work.
- [ABR-133758] Instance of agent was not changed if an agent is re-assigned to another account.
- [ABR-141823] Incorrect backup items in a backup plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-158679] Incorrect number of Total Runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [ABR-201791] Backup of several mailboxes fails with error "403 Forbidden: failed to create item access denied".
- [ABR-201651] ASC should not send stream to agent when the request has with 'embedding' attribute and stream size > 4Mb.
- [ABR-200090] "When a user logs on/off" and "On Windows Event Log" schedules are absent for disk and file backups.
- [ABR-197370] Virtual resource changes its ID.
- [ABR-196599] Product asks for the password for all password protected backups when refreshing recovery points only for one VM (after reinstalling the product).
- [ABR-195277] Connections to AMSes stop working.
- [ABR-195245] The 'Backup failed' alert is displayed after recovering entire machine via media.
- [ABR-194696] Unclear error message for failed backup if the system was rebooted.
- [ABR-194557] Hyper-V VM backup produces warning: "Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is not used because there are disk files that do not belong to any disk snapshot."
- [ABR-193871] Unable to backup same DB on 2 nodes simultaneously, backup failes on one of the nodes.
- [ABR-193320] The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s. Logger problem.
- [ABR-192821] Change requests to download.acronis.com from installer in Acronis Backup Cloud product.
- [ABR-192213] VMware VMs without vc.uuid are not listed in the backup console.
- [ABR-190855] Messages are missing in pcs.log file.
- [ABR-190718] VM not bootable after recovery from a specific backup.
- [ABR-190635] Improve error message logging caused by VSS issues - volsnap events.
- [ABR-190404] Impossible to recover from split (multi-volume) LSR archive.
- [ABR-190091] Agent does not renew storage when storage uri is incorrect.
- [ABR-190090] Backup agent continues to backup even if EUC quota is exceeded.
- [ABR-186181] Incorrect path with 'file:' is passed down to file library.
- [ABR-185302] ESXi configuration backup fails with "too many SQL variables" or "Command definition 'SELECT ...' not found." if there are a lot of VMs on vCenter.
- [ABR-182664] Space usage request goes through AMS.
- [ABR-178648] Installer does not remove / update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-172975] User cannot add website backup if the company admin role is turned on.
- [ABR-169541] Activity hangs forever if it was not written to the database.
- [ABR-160581] Duplicated activities in Activities Summary after backup of a Hyperv Cluster.
- [ABR-158677] Network card on a VM doesn't work after the recovery.
- [ABR-149933] The number of email notifications equals to the number of cluster nodes for one activity.
- [ABR-146975] In some cases, backup plan hangs on 97-100%.
- [ABR-95961] Backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some CTs after some time on host with load.
- [ABR-90100] Backing up a VM in a Hyper-V cluster has an activity for every node.
SharePoint Online backup
- [ABR-191550] An unclear error message is generated when recovering a document library to a list with matching name or vice versa.
- [ABR-189699] When recovering a document library to the original location without overwriting, the title of the “Name” column is overwritten.
- [ABR-186758] The backup status in Activity details is set to Failed when the backup was canceled by clicking on 'Cancel' button.
- [ABR-178202] Cannot open the list view for editing after recovering a list with the metadata column type to a non-original site.
- [ABR-178044] Values for the “Person or Group” column type are not recovered to the original location when the 'Show field' in the column settings has the 'Content type' value.
- [ABR-172235] Settings from the Standard list view (Tabular View, Mobile, View name) are not recovered to a list.
- [ABR-194998] An extra "MediaServiceMetadata" column is added to a document library after recovering a site to the original location.
- [ABR-192681] Recovery of the default company.sharepoint.com/portals/hub site fails with an error.
- [ABR-188219] Changed name of a document library is not visible in an incremental backup.
- [ABR-184822] If a subsite's 'Web Site Address' setting was changed, the subsite is duplicated after a recovery to the original location instead of overwriting the existing one.
- [ABR-184579] Recovery of a variation subsite to a non-original location fails if the “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature is not activated on site.
- [ABR-183059] New site policy is created after recovery instead of overwriting the existing one after if it was renamed on site.
- [ABR-151469] Site pages in the 'checked out' state are skipped during a backup.
- [ABR-152247] List items are recovered in a wrong order to a non-original site collection.
- [ABR-154436] Site pages are recovered with the "Comments" section enabled.
- [ABR-154749] The “Quick launch, Top link bar, Navigation Elements” site settings are not recovered.
- [ABR-181583] The private view of lists is not recovered.
- [ABR-178667] Recovering a site with a "Publishing portal" template to a "Visio Process Repository" template makes it unavailable.
- [ABR-178023] The "Site policies" and "Site closure and deletion" settings of team sites are not recovered.
- [ABR-177984] Recovering a subsite causes content duplication if the site is deleted, and then recovered to the original location two times.
- [ABR-174750] Site settings are not recovered for the Visio Process Repository site template.
- [ABR-169444] Recovery of a site from the eDiscovery Center template to the Enterprise Search Center template finishes with the ‘Invalid list template’ warning.
- [ABR-167893] Second recovery of a list without overwriting to the original site causes items duplication if all items were deleted from list.
- [ABR-166876] Site page with a blank title is not backed up.
- [ABR-156298] Second recovery of a list with overwriting to a non-original site causes items duplication.
- [ABR-155818] System lists ("MicroFeed", "User Information List”, "Preservation Hold Library”, "Converted Forms") are skipped during recovery.
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-13217] A point-to-site login name is not displayed on the VPN Settings page.
- [DRAAS-14241] VPN tunnel may fail after the VPN Appliance network configuration is changed.
- [DRAAS-15381] Alerts for failed backups of cloud servers are not raised.
- [DRAAS-15550] A virtual machine is powered off after 3 months in the test failover state.
- [DRAAS-15409] Failover can be triggered via runbooks for deleted servers.
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-6939] Sending acceptance of the privacy statement to the platform should be possible.
- [ASRV-6885] Old welcome screen shown for newly created User in case all Legal links are deleted in Branding of parent tenant.
- [ASRV-6826] Updating or setting legal branding is not applied to FC if a child tenant was created before branding was enabled for the parent partner (unless forced).
- [ASRV-7129] Redirect to `officeppe.live.com` for user authentication in the latest version of Chrome is blocked by default.
- The maximum file size for upload via web interface is 1 gigabyte.